KONE in Canada is looking for an Installation Process Supervisor (IPS) for Western Canada
This position is responsible for provision and effective delivery of all methods, processes, training and documentation to implement and sustain Front Line level alignment of ENA installation strategy and adherence to installation processes and methods to attain quality and Installation Time Efficiency (ITE) targets. Support the Front Line offices in Canada in defining installation processes required for non-standard and/or unique installations as directed. The position includes auditing points within the documented processes to validate method and process alignment at the Front Line level. The position will evaluate installation feedback and provide recommendations and guidance to improve overall installation efficiency. The position also field validates corrective actions implemented for effectiveness.
1. Interface with PLCM
2. Interface with Supply Line, Eng., Safety and Quality Organizations
3. Support the front line offices in defining non-standard installation processes required to support specific projects.
4. Recommend and detail changes in installation documentation, methods, process, design, manufacturing and delivery.
5. provide installation methods and process training
6. provide safety and quality training
7. Support tendering/order development Installation planning & execution
4 year college degree preferably within a technical curriculum and/or equivalent elevator- escalator industry experience plus additional experiences listed below.
At least ten years overall progressive installation experience. Prefer strong background at the field Installation level with progressive and demonstrated installation management and training skills covering a broad range of new equipment and modernization of elevator and escalators progressing to and including supervising, managing and leading people, within a union workforce, planning and scheduling, site logistics, project management, including low to hi-rise buildings and small to major project installations across a variety of market segments such as retail, office, medical, sports facilities and public transportation.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Behaviors:
1. Comprehensive understanding of KONE’s procedures, policies, and contracts/products
2. Comprehensive understanding of KONE installation methods and processes at the field mechanic and management levels.
3. Familiarity of competitor products offerings and practices
4. Sound technical understanding of KONE electrical and mechanical systems and installation processes used with elevator and escalator products.
5. Sound understanding of KONE Safety policies and processes used during installation.
6. General accounting and financial management principles
7. Laws and regulations regarding safety and environmental governmental regulations
1. Demonstrated ability at leading and sponsoring change
2. Ability to effectively communicate KONE installation methods and processes at the field mechanic and management levels.
3. Ability to conduct basic financial analysis for the purpose of making sound business decisions
4. Ability to develop and foster teamwork
5. Effective oral, written, and presentation skills
6. Strong persuasive skills
7. Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
8. Interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagrammatic form
9. Able to manage multiple concurrent tasks through effective organization and time management
10. Willing and able to travel extensively, up to 75% or more, domestically and possibly some internationally travel.