KONE Americas is one of KONE's four area organizations representing one-fifth of global sales. The local leadership team is responsible for implementing KONE strategy in the USA, Canada and Mexico.
This position will be based in the Wiinipeg Branch located at the following address:
6640 ROBLIN BLVRD, SUITE 109
KONE in Winnipeg is looking for a Service and Maintenance Supervisor.
The Service and Maintenance supervisor’s role is to plan, manage and control the field service operations in his area, according to the service contract requirements, the company policies and the KONE processes.
He or she is the first point of contact for all technical or operational issues raised by any customer whose equipments he has been assigned. He is also the first point of contact for his technicians.
He or she is accountable for the costs of the maintenance field operations (callouts, service repairs, planned maintenance), as well as for the revenues of callout and service repairs sales. Where there is no TRB supervisors (e.g. in the area with low density of equipments), he is also accountable for the field costs of the TRB sales (see NEB/TRB supervisor role description).
He or she interacts with the customers and the end-users, inspectors and consultants, the technicians, his manager, the sales persons, the KONE Customer Care Centre, technical support, the Proximity stock FL administrator, the spare back-office administrator and purchasing department, the invoicing team, the HR team.
Your main Responsibilities
• Responsible for the direct day to day supervision, scheduling, direction, hiring and discipline of the field forces
• Responsible for attending all of the sites we are currently working on and will attend regular site meetings for branch projects
• Responsible for Coordination of tooling purchase
• As required will be responsible for the assignment of duties to the Field Operations Support Person
• Responsible for participating in the field payroll process including approval of time tickets
• Responsible for working and supporting the members of the branch (including but not limited to supporting sales, supporting accounts payable and receivables).
• Responsible for adherence to KONE health and safety policies and procedures and all safety relevant legislation
• Supervise routing (loading jobs, appropriate backups, and 100% jobs). Determine the layout for the best geographical service routes coupled with manpower qualifications to keep travel time and expenses to a minimum.
• Review callbacks daily. Assure that mechanics comply with check out procedure (the time the job was completed and the callback code).
• Complete quality audits and customer contacts regularly. Audit jobs, visit with customer, and complete appropriate forms. Review information with the route mechanic.
• Inspect all maintenance job sites periodically to insure that they are being maintained in accordance with KONE Inc. policies and standards.
• Assure regular examinations made on all jobs comply with contract agreement. This also includes the free service period of a new installation and modernization.
• Order materials for repair jobs to be available for crews when work is scheduled.
• Assist maintenance mechanics on any job on which they may be having trouble.
• Review all contractual service reports to insure proper gross profit level .
• Survey equipment for preparation of maintenance, modernization and repair estimates.
To be successful in this job, we expect you to have
• CEIEP training completed - preference will be given to persons with at least 5 years of progressive elevator experience
• Ability to utilize Windows e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet and project scheduling programs.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and letters.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customer, and the general public.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form