KONE Americas is one of KONE's four area organizations representing one-fifth of global sales. The local leadership team is responsible for implementing KONE strategy in the USA, Canada and Mexico.
This position will work out of the Vancouver District Office located at the following address:
1488 Cliveden Avenue Cliveden Centre
Delta, British Columbia
KONE in Vancouver is looking for a District Installation Sales Manager.
This person will have full accountability for the Installation sales force within designated geography and their results. Provides the functional expertise and leadership in installation sales management, talent management, collaboration on sales planning/plans and the successful execution for designated geography. Operates as the primary interface with Canadian Business Development Leaders to prioritize and drive key initiatives, ensures local requirements and support are included. Reports directly to the District Manager.
Education: 4 year college degree minimum or equivalent work experience.
Experience: At least seven years progressive sales and sales management experience (including managing people, budgets, planning etc.).
Specific Knowledge, Skills & Behaviors:
Ability to lead and manage cross-functional teams (locally and remotely).
Demonstrated ability to lead and sponsor change.
Ability to conduct financial analysis for the purpose of making sound business decisions.
Ability to motivate people to attain their maximum potential.
Ability to develop and foster teamwork.
Effective oral, written and presentation skills.
Strong persuasive skills.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagrammatic form.
Able to manage multiple concurrent tasks through effective organization and time management.
Comprehensive understanding of KONE’s processes, procedures, policies and contracts/product offerings.
Familiarity with competitor product offerings and practices.
General accounting and financial management principles.
Sound working knowledge of property management and construction industry.
Laws and regulations regarding safety and environmental governmental regulations.
Sound understanding of Union agreement and labor relations.
1. Responsible for the collaboration with the District Manager and installation sales staff to development and achieve the District order budget, utilizing KONE business processes.
2. Provides direction and support to the business in executing corporate objectives/initiatives (i.e. KPI's, orders growth, product mix, market pricing, etc).
3. Responsible for managing HR related processes including people development, staffing, compensation, performance management.
4. Develops and fosters communication with installation sales and operations, including effective problem resolution.
5. Responsible for creating an environment of customer satisfaction and delight.
1. Meets with key clients, assisting installtion Sales force with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
2. Maintains contact with general contractors, architects, and owners during proposal, construction, installation, and turnover phases.
3. Coordinates liaison between installation sales department and other sales related units.
4. Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
5. Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
6. Attends sales meetings.
7. Directs and leads District installation sales personnel in achievement of planned result.
8. Assist on national account work.