Owens-Illinois, Inc., (O-I) is the world's leading designer and manufacturer of pure, sustainable, healthy glass containers for many of the world's most well-known food and beverage brands. We are looking for a motivated, talented individual interested in a manufacturing leadership role with significant growth opportunity to join our organization as a Demand Planner in Perrysburg, Ohio.
The Demand Planner’s main role is to generate a consolidated, unconstrained demand forecast based on statistical & market intelligence input.
This position ensures the delivery of a demand signal, fit for use in planning, with a focus on: accuracy (both forecast accuracy and bias), integrity (i.e. completeness), and timeliness. This position partners with a broader and cross-functional team to optimize and balance customer service levels with operating costs and inventory. This is done primarily through the Integrated Business Planning (IBP) and new opportunity processes.
The Demand Planner is responsible for the development and execution of the customer demand signal, from collecting and analyzing the customer requirements up to the physical releases and shipments.
This position is accountable for the execution and continuous improvement of O-I North America’s consensus demand planning process for an assigned segment of the business. The Demand Planner serves as the liaison between the customer and multiple internal departments for assigned accounts in order to meet on time and in full customer requirements.
(All other duties as assigned)
- Responsible for managing the monthly demand planning processes for assigned customers as established by the demand planning work calendar.
- Generate unconstrained demand forecast based on multiple data inputs to include but not limited to statistical forecast, customer forecast, and market intelligence and enter the forecast into the forecasting tool
- Monitor forecast accuracy and forecast bias KPIs and provide root cause analysis
- Prepare agenda & lead monthly Demand Review Meetings (DRMs) with customers and commercial organization
- Review and challenge the forecast provided by the customer as needed
- Prepare and participate in IBP Meetings as requested
- Elevate demand planning issues for discussion/resolution
- Review high IDS/value inventory & aged inventory with assigned customers to recommend potential disposition and escalate as needed
- Support demand history-cleansing from outliers
- Regularly challenge if forecasting methods are still appropriate and make recommendations
- Proactively engage in Integrated Business Planning process to resolve supply and demand imbalances that cannot be solved without cross-functional support.
- Co-lead detailed IBP process, culminating in publication and presentation of demand plan.
- Build consensus for the demand signal (i.e. consensus forecast key figure) by working with customers, sales managers, customer service, and production planning as needed.
- Drive forecasting excellence and best practices through the analysis of customer forecasts, customer collaboration, statistical and causal forecasting, and other market intelligence.
- Ensure adherence to customer contracts with respect to demand planning and forecasting. Provide guidance for forecasting language for specific contracts under negotiation. Provide demand planning and forecasting subject matter expertise, process support, and leadership in customer service and supply chain improvement initiatives.
- Perform analyses and provide recommendations for broader demand planning and supply chain improvements and decision making.
- Support both bottom-up forecasting methodologies (collecting and aggregating customer requirements) and top-down methodologies (forcing higher level changes down to the detailed SKU-level).
- Participate in contract process for new and existing customers. Understand the impact of special requests from customers which are outside of the contract obligations and negotiate equitable and profitable service alternatives
- Responsible for product lifecycle management as it relates to forecasting, inventory and new product launches
- Create, maintain and improve demand planning KPIs (forecast accuracy, forecast bias)
SCOPE AND IMPACT
The Demand Planner is responsible for the analysis and publication of assigned customers’ consensus demand plans for the entire 24-month planning horizon. The planner’s focus is on forecast accuracy, forecast bias, integrity, and timeliness. This position interacts daily with both internal and external customers, with the primary goal of delivering an accurate demand plan.
The Demand Planner is responsible for critical tasks with working capital and EBIT implications: ensuring customer glass supply life cycle management, inventory management, and adherence to customer contracts.
Additionally, the Demand Planner is expected to understand the impact of special requests from customers which are outside of contract obligations and negotiate equitable and profitable service alternatives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Industrial Engineering, Logistics, or related business field.
- Minimum three years of experience in demand planning - preferably in an integrated supply chain
- Specialized technical skills and experience including knowledge of best practice demand forecasting techniques, sales, and operations planning, collaborative forecasting/planning with customers, and integrated supply chain management concepts are preferred.
- Experience in data analysis, business statistics, and reporting to support the organization.
- Demonstrated experience in problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of SAP APO/DP and Microsoft Office, with proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- APICS CPIM/CSCP and/or IBF CPF/ACPF certification preferred
Some travel is required (less than 20%).
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
Must be authorized to work in the country in which you are applying for a position. O-I will not fund or manage the process of obtaining any required work authorization.
Owens-Illinois, Inc. (NYSE: OI) is the world's largest glass container manufacturer and preferred partner for many of the world's leading food and beverage brands. The Company had revenues of $6.2 billion in 2015 and employs 27,000 people at 79 plants in 23 countries. With global headquarters in Perrysburg, Ohio, O-I delivers safe, sustainable, pure, iconic, brand-building glass packaging to a growing global marketplace. For more information, visit o-i.com.
O-I's Glass Is Life™ movement promotes the widespread benefits of glass packaging in key markets around the globe. Learn more about the reasons to choose glass and join the movement at www.glassislife.com.
O-I is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact O-I at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.