Dematic Limited is Canada’s leading conveyor system and hardware supplier, providing an impressive range of intelligent logistics and materials handling solutions. The Canadian headquarter is located in Mississauga, Ontario. Dematic has successfully designed, manufactured and implemented conveyorized and integrated materials handling systems for a broad range of Canadian industries for more than 50 years.
Dematic is a global company with operations in 22 countries around the world, head quartered in Luxembourg. Its North American headquarters, Dematic Corp is located in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Dematic has an immediate need for a Financial Analyst in our Canadian Office. This position requires a strong analytical background with the ability to analyze and consolidate financial results for reporting to Senior Management. Candidate should be a self‐starter, able to demonstrate sound judgment and resourcefulness in decision‐making and problem solving. The successful candidate must also be able to think and work independently while also being a team player. Candidate must have willingness to perform high level or low level work as necessary. Candidate must have willingness to work outside of normal business hours as needed to meet deadlines.
The primary duties for this position are as follows:
- Perform month-end close responsibilities with a complete understanding of the close process and the financial framework within an SAP environment. This includes but not limited to preparing closing schedule, reviewing GL postings, intercompany confirmations, reviewing variance analysis, and generating necessary journal entries.
- Prepare monthly financial reporting to SR Management and Parent company – accurately and on-time very critical
- Provide information and support for company’s internal and independent auditors
- Prepare reporting to Statistics Canada and other government agencies as necessary
- Maintenance of SAP System (FI and CO modules) plus report maintenance/writing
- Continually monitor business performance, identifying and analyzing variances to budgets and forecasts and provide management insight into trends, issues, and opportunities
- Continually look for improvements in processes and procedures to improve upon providing management timely and accurate reporting data and analysis
The ideal candidate would have the following credentials:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting preferred, however candidates with Finance degrees will be considered if emphasis in accounting or prior experience in related field
- 3+ years of Corporate Accounting or Finance required, with prior “hands-on” Financial Planning & Analysis or Accounting experience needed
- CPA, CMA, CGA or nearing completion
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
- Integrated financial systems experience, with experience utilizing SAP and INFOR preferred
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and working knowledge of Word and PowerPoint
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects at one time as well as strong follow through skills
- Exceptional analytical, critical reasoning, and communication skills
Job Family Responsibilities:
Completes the analysis of financial results to determine accuracy and completeness of information. Prepares various financial reports; compiles and reviews financial plans and budgets. Ensures compliance with budget allocations. Performs financial analysis at complex levels including rate of return, depreciation, working capital, investments, budgeting, and financial and expense performance comparisons. Ensures conformance to FASB requirements and GAAP. May perform commercial/contract activities, pricing, margin calculations, etc.
Performs full range of standard work for the professional field. Refers complex, unusual problems to others. Identifies and resolves more complex problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal with most situations.
Undergraduate degree in related discipline or advanced degree, as well as CPA, CMA, or CGA designation.
Knowledge and Experience:
Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of moderately complex assignments. Successfully applies complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization. Demonstrates knowledge of organizations business practices and issues. Typically 3-5 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
Direction of Others:
Provides general guidance or train support and/or professional staff.
Key Working Relationships:
Primarily intra-organizational contacts and external contacts.