Dana is a world leader in the supply of driveline products (axles, driveshafts, and transmissions), power technologies (sealing and thermal-management products), and genuine service parts for light- and heavy-duty vehicle manufacturers. The company’s customer base includes nearly every major vehicle manufacturer in the global automotive, commercial vehicle, and off-highway markets. Based in Maumee, Ohio, the company employs approximately 24,000 people in 26 countries and has estimated 2011 sales of $7.6 billion. For more information, please visit www.dana.com.
Dana Corporation is seeking to fill the position of Senior Human Resources & Labor Relations Manager in Maumee, Ohio.
Develops and executes Labor Relations strategies. Serves as the keeper of standard policy and practices in the Labor Relations Function. Provides support to the organization by conducting detailed analytical studies concerning labor relations issues and strategies. Conduct surveys and studies, including benchmarking, for the Global Labor Relations function. Plans, coordinates and develops Labor Relations protocol such as contract costing methodology.
Position performs responsible strategic research and analysis and provides recommendations, draws valid conclusions and projects potential consequences of decisions and recommendations; prepare studies and reports concerning complex matters; write proposals; set priorities, meet deadlines and make sound decisions; and establish and maintain accurate records.
The Senior Manager for Labor Relations and Human Resources is expected to perform analytical work requiring knowledge of administrative principles and analytical practices as it relates to enhancing the labor relations function, lower overall labor costs, and develop strategies that will assist in maintaining flexible manufacturing operations for the Dana Holding Corporation.
Essential Job Function
• Leads the effort to develop the strategy for economic bargaining and for bargaining training to prepare for the upcoming negotiations. Develops tools and processes that can be utilized globally for development of economic bargaining strategy
• Plans, organizes and coordinates various projects, programs and services involving diverse administrative operations; may administer or manage specific projects, programs and/or services; recommends and assists in installing improved administrative methods, and procedures.
• Develop and maintain the Global Corporate methodology and reporting process for all financial authority levels granted for the purpose of collective bargaining by maintaining the Global strategy as determined by the VP of LR/HR.
• Develop and maintain all labor costing methodology and coordinate with finance representing all regions to uphold financial integrity and accurate assumptions on future labor costs related to collective bargaining activity.
• Develop and maintain the annual wage and fringe reporting process for all Global locations in Dana Holding Corporation. Analyze specific labor cost trends supported with historical evaluation of labor cost trends and forecasts.
• Conducts research and analytical studies on a variety of programs and issues related to global and regional labor trends; coordinates and expedites reports and program information from departmental input; develops procedures and forms; formulates recommendations and prepares reports and correspondence for assistance in designing labor strategy.
• Assists in determining financial methods, procedures and costs pertaining to the prospective labor recommendations or program; conducts cost benefit analysis and reviews and prepares financial and statistical reports.
• Develops process templates and tools designed to assist in the collective bargaining activity.
• Develop and design a cohesive and progressive corporate labor education program that assists all regions with the appropriate tools and training to assist the collective bargaining process.
• Answers grievances, conducts arbitrations, and bargains contracts as needed.
• Provides staff support to Corporate Labor Relations function, as assigned.
• Extensive knowledge in all areas of labor negotiations including labor costing (economic), best practices and benchmarking
• Familiar with federal anti-trust guidelines,
• Proven ability to analyze labor processes and techniques
• Expert in state and federal labor laws and regulations.
• Analytical techniques applied to labor management.
• Proven ability in obtaining, verifying and evaluating general and statistical information.
• Computer software utilized in human resource data collection and analysis.
Related Experience and Education
• Seven to ten years of Human Resources experience and union environment experience (preferred automotive/manufacturing)
• Extensive labor law knowledge
• Minimum three years of contract administration and Union negotiation experience
• Bachelors Degree in a Human Resources or a related field
• Masters degree preferred
• Must have held a chief negotiator role for the bargaining of economic/non economic issues on multiple contracts
• 20% - 30% Travel required