Make an impact at a global dynamic investment organization
When you invest in your career at CPPIB, you become part of one of the fastest growing institutional investors in the world, with current assets under management valued in excess of $170 billion. Guided by our purpose to invest on behalf of 18 million contributors and beneficiaries of the Canada Pension Plan, we are independent, accountable and focused on performance.
At CPPIB, you can look forward to:
- Working with world-class talent with diverse backgrounds and deep experience.
- A team-oriented approach that recognizes high performance and values integrity.
- Global career development opportunities with offices in Toronto, London and Hong Kong and future offices in New York and São Paulo.
- Building a diverse, actively managed investment portfolio with a long-term approach.
If you share our sense of purpose, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
Reporting to the Director, HR Operations the Specialist HR Operations and Analytics will be responsible for the development, optimization and maintenance of three key areas within HR: HR Reporting and Analytics, HR Data and HR Systems and Operations
Key priorities for this role include:
HR Reporting and Analytics:
- Lead the development of the HR Analytics strategy and roadmap
- Build consultative partnerships with internal clients to understand their strategic objectives, key performance indicators and analytic requirements
- Anticipate impacts to and needs of others across CPPIB related to global HR analytics, workforce planning, risk evaluation, geographic optimization and design HR metrics and analytics in support of People decisions
- Design, and maintain key HR dashboards and analytics that inform business partners of the progress, trends and impact of People programs
- Lead on creative new projects including research, data collection, and statistical analysis on a wide range of datasets
- Identify HR data needs across end-to-end processes and design and implement data collection strategies to optimize analytics and data quality
- In partnership with HR and IT colleagues maintain accuracy of data elements across HR systems and processes
- Provide ongoing optimization of data collection processes across a variety of internal applications, stand-alone spreadsheets and third party applications
- In collaboration with IT ensure consistency and integration of new data with existing systems and structures
HR Systems and Operations:
- Identify People, Processes, and Technology changes needed to improve Workforce processes, including systems to efficiently share knowledge and information
- Assist in optimizing system functionality by evaluating our current and desired business processes/rules and system capabilities to support those processes
- Provides consulting and advice to HR partners on systems abilities and limitations
- Provide support to HR regarding forecasting and business planning activities
The preferred candidate will have in the range of 7-10 years experience in related HR roles with deep experience in HR analytics, processes and systems
Based on the above, the candidate should have:
- Applied Statistics, mathematics or economics
- Working experience of analytical modeling is preferred
- Proven ability to review and analyse big sets of data and distil it into key trends and metrics
- Excellent communication skills combined with an innate sense of curiosity
- Experience with Workday, PeopleFluent and Cognos TM 1 will be an asset
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems with a sense of ownership, enthusiasm and innovation
- Exemplifies our Guiding Principles of integrity, partnership and high performance
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.