Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $200 billion, and projected to reach $300 billion by 2020, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, Hong Kong, London, New York and São Paulo.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
We are presently recruiting for an senior associate within the Global Capital Markets (GCM) group in Public Market Investments. GCM in its role as execution provider for the fund is responsible for all transactions in public market securities, supporting internal active management programs, as well as the implementation and management of the fund’s passive portfolio.
Reporting to the Senior Portfolio Manager - GCM Structured Arbitrage, Finance and Execution, the senior associate plays a key role in FX trading globally.
The Senior Associate is primarily responsible for execution and also assists team members in evaluating investment opportunities, conducting research, developing investment recommendations, execution of investments and monitoring and managing investments.Role Specific Accountabilities:
- General accountabilities include working as part of the Global Capital Market’s trading group to optimize and implement strategies related to beta management and trade execution
- Responsible for pricing and executing FX transactions
- Refining trading infrastructure
- Pre-and post trade analytics
- Maintaining and developing relationships with internal portfolio managers to aid in the execution of their investment mandates
- Identifying and researching new investment opportunities
- Maintaining and developing external relationships with sell side institutions
- Reviewing relevant legal documentation
- 24 hour trading coverage
If you possess the following, we’d like to hear from you:
- 5-7 years relevant work experience required
- Experience with FX trading preferred
- Experience with FX option trading preferred
- Experience trading futures an asset
- A background in financial modeling or programming preferred
- International work experience an asset
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience with operations and FX trading infrastructure
- Proven ability to work independently as well as to perform effectively in a team oriented environment
- Masters degree in Business, Mathematical Finance or other quantitative field preferred
- CFA an asset
- Conduct consistent with our Guiding Principles of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn. #LI-JC1
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.