Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $200 billion, and projected to reach $300 billion by 2020, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, Hong Kong, London, New York and São Paulo.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
We are currently looking for a Manager, Special Projects in the Investment Finance group. Working closely with clients, stakeholders and team members, the Manager provides ongoing management of key business applications and supports the successful completion of initiatives.
- Identifies opportunities within the finance team to automate and streamline operational efficiency
- Staff guidance and supervision for direct and indirect reports
- Provide analytical support and thought leadership to systems initiatives, financial reporting, benchmarking discussions, risk assessments, valuation, process design and documentation impacting all areas within IF-PI
- Support engagement and continued interaction with external consultants, legal advisors etc
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identifying, tracking managing and resolving project issues
- Manage multiple projects of varying size and complexity
- Identifies, manages and mitigates project risk
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Defines and collects metrics to give a sense for how the project is progressing and whether the deliverables produced are acceptable
- Understands investment life cycle.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Other duties as required
- Good finance background especially in operations and back office activities
- Ability to understand technical issues with IT partners and communicate options to business stakeholders
Line of Business Management
- Manages interactions between IFPI and various IT groups.
- Develops strong relationships with business partners.
- Communicates effectively within the team to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Suggests areas for continuous improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Reviews the status reports of team members and addresses issues as appropriate.
If you possess the following, we’d like to hear from you:
Undergraduate degree and/or relevant business experience of 10+ years
- Background in back office finance - with particular focus areas including operations
- Understanding of portfolio accounting
- Understand private investment lifecycles
- Accounting designation or strong accounting background an asset.
- CSC an asset
- PMP an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Problem Analysis and Decision Making skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong facilitation skills and focus on building consensus
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to initiate and champion change
- Strong team building capabilities
Exemplifies our Guiding Principles of partnership, integrity and high performance
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn. #LI-AP1
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.