Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $200 billion, and projected to reach $300 billion by 2020, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, Hong Kong, London, New York and São Paulo.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
Responsible for the development and execution of the valuation and forecasting framework for the Real Estate Investments, including direct, fund and debt investments. The role will work collaboratively with the Investment Team to deliver a valuation and forecasting strategy to establish processes, procedures, systems, controls and methodologies.
• Plays a senior role in the development and establishment of a broad scale, long term plan for the forecasting and evaluation of the real estate investments, including managing the overall valuation process.
• Build and retain a team of high-integrity, high performance and partnership-focused professionals focused on the business needs of the business partners.
• Develops strong relationships with multiple partners across CPPIB, and aligns the objectives of the team with the evolving needs of the stakeholders. This requires strong lateral thinking, coupled with influencing and leadership capabilities.
• Maintain knowledge of new developments and trends to ensure accounting policies and evolving valuation standards of each investment is consistent with CPPIB’s current policies.
• Meets and maintains contact with investment and brokerage community to review past performance, strategy, outlook, industry issues and other relevant topics as required.
• Identify and promote automation initiatives to advance straight-through-processes and best practice execution. Ensure internal control processes are adequate and continuously updated.
• Relevant undergraduate or advanced degree – CPA, MBA or other equivalent
• Professional designation, AACI and/or MRICS, CBV would be beneficial
• 10+ years in commercial real estate related investment banking, consulting, investment management or pension fund entities.
• Solid interpersonal and organizational skills combined with the ability to readily adapt to rapidly changing investment business and technology environments
• Demonstrated ability to develop and foster strong relationships with colleagues, built on a foundation of solid communication and a high level of optimism and energy
• Exemplify our Guiding Principles of Integrity, partnership and high performance
• Proficiency in ARGUS valuation software
• Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with high degree of professionalism
• Proven ability to work independently as well as to perform effectively in a team oriented environment
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn. #LI-AP1
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.