Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $200 billion, and projected to reach $300 billion by 2020, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, London, Hong Kong, New York and São Paulo.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
This position is responsible for leading a development function in the Corporate Systems Team, working primarily with the Human Resources and Finance departments to create business value through timely and accurate information. The role requires a breadth of experience in technical and modeling elements of applications and integrations and interacts with business teams at multiple levels, including planning and change management. The Manager, Development, Corporate Systems:
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships as development leader and trusted advisor on technology solutions
- Manages a development team and collaborates with business and technology teams to ensure deliverables are clear and the right technology/design is used
- Leads integration design and development across various functional areas and data sources (e.g., on-premise, cloud, third-party hosted), primarily through the Shared Data Service Model, a hub for HR and Finance source data for consumption by downstream systems
- Contributes to an end-to-end view of Corporate Systems solutions/design
- Promotes consistency across Data Strategy and technical architecture.
- Provides expert advice and guidance to business partners about opportunities and problems related to their requested functionality; analyzes and communicates downstream/upstream system impacts of changes
- Builds consensus across functional areas and manages change; identifies and reconciles, with accuracy, conflicting needs among different end user groups and promotes synergies/alignment
- Works closely with Corporate Systems team leads to manage the technical components of the project plan
- Adheres to software development life-cycle and data modelling best practices consistently for implementation projects and system updates
- Elevates team knowledge across quality assurance, test automation, and performance testing; manages interactions between developers and analysts to assist in resolving problems and determining root cause
- Proactively surfaces potential problem areas and partners with Technology Services to ensure the application is operating within service levels including during non-business hours if needed
- University degree, preferably in Computer Science
- 7+ years hands-on experience in a similar role
- Previous experience in a development manager and/or project application architecture role is an asset
- Experience with the implementation and support for integrations of systems and related data hubs/warehouses
- Ability to generate, and explore with others, a range of perspectives and potential solutions for identified problems or issues, and think of new concepts or processes and methods to rework the way things are done and to solve problems
- Ability to clearly communicate modeling concepts to various audiences using standard techniques (e.g., UML)
- Experience leading the analysis and debugging ETL processes and systems integrations, data comparisons in source and target systems against transformation rules and mapping documents, and maintenance of ETL regression and automation suites to enable full volume testing/analysis on system changes
- Understanding of standard communication components: messaging, FTP, service buses, and schedulers
- Understanding of project life cycle and capability to apply best practices knowledge to unique situations
- Proactive, detail oriented and extremely well organized with strong analytical and problem solving skills with minimal day-to-day supervision
- Exemplifies our Guiding Principles of integrity, partnership and high performance
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.