Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $200 billion, and projected to reach $300 billion by 2020, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, London, Hong Kong, New York and São Paulo.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
This position is responsible for providing leadership, analysis, and support for CPPIB's Corporate Systems Team, working primarily with the Human Resources and Finance departments to create business value through timely and accurate information. The role requires a breadth of experience in technical and modeling elements of applications and integrations, and interacts with business teams at multiple levels, including requirements definition, project planning, and management of change. The Senior Business Specialist, Corporate Systems:
- Develops an end-to-end view of Corporate Systems solutions and collaborates with Architecture to advance initiatives to stay ahead of the rapid pace of change
- Leads system requirements gathering sessions across various functional areas and facilitates prioritization of requirements related to integrations and data transfer
- Provides expert advice and guidance to business partners about opportunities and problems related to their requested functionality; provides guidance to ensure that solutions are consistent with CPPIB’s data strategy and architecture
- Ensures clear analysis and communication of downstream/upstream system impacts of process and system changes; presents the impact of various technical and non-technical interventions to internal business partners
- Identifies and reconciles, with accuracy, conflicting requirements among different end user groups and promotes synergies/alignment, builds consensus across functional areas and manages change
- Documents and validates results with subject matter experts and drives the creation of correct system specifications that enable development and/or acquisition of appropriate solutions to meet business requirements
- Adheres to data modelling best practices consistently for development and implementation projects and system updates
- Designs systems to meet business goals, specifies inputs and outputs to meet business users’ needs; demonstrates an understanding of the common leverage points and bottlenecks for performance in systems design
- Works closely with Corporate Systems team leads to manage the technical components of the project plan; applies cross-functional planning and coordination capabilities to fully execute data management initiatives
- Manages development teams to deploy and support environments in partnership with business counterparts and Technology Services
- Analyzes requirements, process and technical documentation to enable comprehensive test scenarios and test cases, and transfers knowledge to quality assurance, test automation, and performance testing teams
- Proactively surfaces potential problem areas and partners with Technology Services to ensure the application is operating within service levels including during non-business hours if needed
- Manages interactions amongst teams of business partners/analysts, developers, and quality assurance analysts to assist in resolving problems and determining the root cause
- University degree, preferably in Computer Science
- 7+ years hands-on experience in a similar role
- Experience with the implementation and support for integrations of systems and related data hubs/warehouses (experience with HR and Finance/Accounting systems and data is an asset)
- Previous experience in an project application architecture role is an asset
- Strong data and requirements analysis, understanding of complex databases and proficient SQL query writing/data mining skills
- Ability to generate, and explore with others, a range of perspectives and potential solutions for identified problems or issues, and think of new concepts or processes and methods to rework the way things are done and to solve problems
- Proven ability to work with team members to respond to unique and difficult challenges and obtain consensus when prioritizing requests from business partners
- Ability to clearly communicate modeling concepts to various audiences using standard techniques (e.g., UML)
- Ability to build and maintain data ETL regression and automation suites, and to enable full volume testing/analysis on system changes
- Experience with leading and organizing support for analyzing and debugging data, for example, ETL processes, backend, and systems integrations
- Ability to execute data comparisons by comparing data in source and target systems against transformation rules and mapping documents
- Basic understanding of standard communication components: messaging, FTP, service buses, and schedulers
- Understanding of project life cycle and capability to apply best practices knowledge to unique situations
- Proactive, detail oriented and extremely well organized with strong analytical and problem solving skills with minimal day-to-day supervision
- Exemplifies our Guiding Principles of integrity, partnership and high performance
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.