Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $200 billion, and projected to reach $300 billion by 2020, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, London, Hong Kong, New York and São Paulo.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
The Thematic Investments (TI) group within Public Market Investments is responsible for generating excess return by making long-horizon thematically driven investments that transcend sectors and geographies. TI seeks to identify and translate macro-trends (e.g., Evolving Demographics, Disruptive Technologies, etc.) into investments. Investments will be selected via top-down thematic research complemented by bottoms-up fundamental and quantitative research to create an optimal portfolio that provides CPPIB with exposure to long-term structural trends in a scalable manner.
The Thematic Investments (TI) group within Public Market Investments is seeking to recruit an outstanding professional to join as a Portfolio Manager/Senior Researcher in the Thematic Strategies group. He/she will research demographic trends and related long horizon investment themes.
Research and understand the economic, social and political implications of global demographic trends, interpreting the impact on financial markets and translating the trends into distinctive investment themes and actionable investment ideas.
Form investment recommendations on implementation based upon select demographic investment themes and generate new ideas to help optimize thematic investment returns.
Contribute to the overall firmwide thematic initiative by advancing demographic research approaches, methodologies and modeling techniques.
Work with the members of the firm’s Thematic Advisory Group (TAG) as well as with other investment team members to perform demographic research, originate new investment strategies and/or programs and integrate demographic analysis into broader investment frameworks across the firm.
Prepare position papers for the Investment Committee on various demographic issues, investment strategies and the long term impact on the fund. Conduct Ad hoc studies and projects.
Assist in the preparation and presentation of investment recommendation reports and investment fund information to relevant Investment Committees, and other internal stakeholder and/or audiences.
Maintain a network with the leading investment practioners; attend and present at conference to exchange ideas and remain abreast of current demographic trends.
If you possess the following, we’d like to hear from you:
- A doctoral degree in demography or a discipline closely aligned with population research (e.g., economics, geography, public health, sociology) is preferred.
- At least 7-10 years of relevant research experience is expected.
- Demonstrable research/field experience in any number of substantitive areas including, but not limited to fertility, mortality, migration, historical demography, aging, labor force dynamics, global consumption patterns, emerging market middle class, education and human capital, population and the environment, urbanization and population approaches to health disparities and health policy.
- Strong knowledge about economics, the financial markets and the interactions of demographic variables therein.
- Experience formulating and representing sound and cogent ideas/theses.
- Possess the maturity and commercial aptitude to articulate sophisticated global investment perspectives to senior investment professionals and committees.
The successful candidate will be highly intelligent with strong analytical, modeling, verbal/written and interpersonal skills, bringing a high level of imagination, foresight, and pragmatism to this opportunity.
It is critical that the individual has the personal characteristics, reputation and team orientation which will enable him/her to command the confidence, loyalty and respect of CPPIB colleagues.
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.