Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $190 billion, and projected to reach $300 billion by 2020, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, London, Hong Kong, with future offices in New York and São Paulo.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
We are recruiting for an Equity Trader/Analyst within the Global Capital Markets (GCM) group in Public Market Investments based in Toronto. GCM in its role as execution provider for the fund is responsible for all transactions in public market securities, supporting internal active management programs, as well as the implementation and management of the fund’s passive portfolio.
The Candidate will generally be responsible for assisting in the execution of quantitative and fundamental portfolio rebalances, pre- and post-trade analytics as well as passive index management.
General accountabilities include working as part of the Global Capital Market’s trading group to optimize and implement strategies related to beta management and trade execution.
- Assist senior traders with passive equity index trading flows related to cash deployments, index rebalances, and asset mix rebalances
- Interact directly with Portfolio Managers on the Quantitative and Fundamental management teams to ensure tradelists are executed efficiently and according to stipulated constraints while incorporating short-term alpha opportunities
- Work with our back office and service providers to ensure smooth trade settlement
- Maintain a flexible schedule for international trading hours
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with broker/dealers, global exchanges, vendors, and regulatory agencies
- Stay current with global market microstructure developments
Pre- and Post-Trade Analytics
- Work with our Execution Research team to ensure best execution is achieved and to improve execution quality and efficiency
- Evaluate execution strategies to ensure algorithms are effectively implementing the stipulated trading instructions
Index portfolio management
- Reconcile index portfolio holdings on a daily basis
- Generate reports regarding the performance and risk of the index portfolios
- Contribute to the group’s efficient management of the reference portfolio
Other Duties as assigned
- Ad hoc projects, strategy back testing, and/or internal presentations
- Proactively solicits feedback, assistance and additional work from team members
- Continually seeks to add value to our portfolio management and trading process by developing a thorough understanding of our portfolio management and trading process
- 1-3 years relevant trading floor experience
- University undergraduate degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or comparable degree
- Strong working knowledge in math, finance, economics, and statistics
- Good understanding of financial capital markets and strong interest and knowledge of current business news topics
- Algorithmic trading experience is an asset
- Ability to grasp complex concepts and communicate them in a concise and clear manner
- Demonstrates intuition and intellectually sound judgment in making decisions related to assigned duties
- Meticulous attention to details and ability to maintain focus in times of stress
- Strong experience working with Excel, Bloomberg and electronic trading platforms
- Progression towards a CFA designation is an asset but not explicitly required
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated experience in verbal and written communication
- Ability to prioritize and multitask while maintaining organization and quality of work
- Proven ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to work and learn quickly in a high performing culture, under pressure and with time-sensitive deadlines
- Self-motivated, flexible, reliable and someone who takes pride and ownership in his/her work
- Conduct consistent with our Guiding Principles of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.