Make an impact at a global dynamic investment organization
When you invest in your career at CPPIB, you become part of one of the fastest growing institutional investors in the world, with current assets under management valued in excess of $170 billion. Guided by our purpose to invest on behalf of 18 million contributors and beneficiaries of the Canada Pension Plan, we are independent, accountable and focused on performance.
At CPPIB, you can look forward to:
- Working with world-class talent with diverse backgrounds and deep experience.
- A team-oriented approach that recognizes high performance and values integrity.
- Global career development opportunities with offices in Toronto, London and Hong Kong and future offices in New York and São Paulo.
- Building a diverse, actively managed investment portfolio with a long-term approach.
If you share our sense of purpose, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
CPPIB Data Management’s Market Data Services group is accountable for relationship management of third party data providers and responsibility for sourcing, commercial terms, contract management and procuring data for CPPIB.
The Associate position is a senior role accountable and will play a key role in supporting the overall market data spend activities including:
- Business engagement – understand and gather market data requirements (reference, market, historical and real-time data)
- Sourcing and procurement - Identify and acquire existing or net new products and Services to address the business requirement
- Provide product specialist services to user groups and supporting due diligence for contract renewals
- Contract and cost management – review and ensure clarity of contractual obligations, lead due diligence to validate usage, escalating issues to management; managing entitlements and ensuring adherence to contractual obligations on usage
As a key member of a dynamic, fast paced team the Associate - Market Data Vendor Analyst brings business acumen, strong work ethic and a demonstrated capability to support the vendor management procurement and lifecycle process. This role requires a willingness to take accountability coupled with strong communication, vendor product expertise, attention to detail, coordination, and organization.
- Supporting the business user groups by providing vendor product knowledge and expertise, demonstrating strong knowledge of competitor products and pricing to provide business with details to make well informed decisions for product procurement
- Market Data (products and services) procurement – timely tracking and accounting of spend obligations, providing product specialist services to user groups and supporting due diligence for contract renewals
- Contract Management – reviewing and ensuring clarity of contractual obligations, leading due diligence to validate usage, escalating issues to management
- Build and maintain strong business partner relationships with our internal data consumers to understand their requirements, capabilities and work closely with external vendors to support their requirements and procure products and services in a timely fashion
- Provide ongoing knowledge and subject matter expertise to business partners on external market data product and services as it pertains to data licensing usage and restrictions, contractual terms and conditions and pricing
Skills and abilities
- Bachelor degree
- 7 – 10 years experience in a market data environment (Market Data Vendor, Asset Manager, Trading Platform) preferred
- Previous experience in a vendor management role and/or in depth knowledge of vendor products and services
- Previous experience or familiarity using MDSL software, an asset
- Excellent verbal, written communication and relationship management skills
- Client Focus, priority setting, business acumen, analytical thinking, strategic business sense, aptitude for setting realistic expectations,
- Capability to function with a high degree of autonomy, but effectively seek guidance when issues are of relative criticality, strategic importance or have an enterprise impact
- Exemplify CPPIB’s Guiding Principles of integrity, partnership and high performance
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.