Make an impact at a global dynamic investment organization
When you invest in your career at CPPIB, you become part of one of the fastest growing institutional investors in the world, with current assets under management valued in excess of $170 billion. Guided by our purpose to invest on behalf of 18 million contributors and beneficiaries of the Canada Pension Plan, we are independent, accountable and focused on performance.
At CPPIB, you can look forward to:
- Working with world-class talent with diverse backgrounds and deep experience.
- A team-oriented approach that recognizes high performance and values integrity.
- Global career development opportunities with offices in Toronto, London and Hong Kong and future offices in New York and São Paulo.
- Building a diverse, actively managed investment portfolio with a long-term approach.
If you share our sense of purpose, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
We are presently hiring for an Analyst, Special Projects and Reporting in the Investment Finance department.
This Investment Finance role requires a mixture of technical skills, project management experience and accounting knowledge to support ongoing requirements for the Investment Finance and Private Investments groups.
Utilizing your business knowledge you will leverage technology solutions to streamline and enhance current reports and processes.
The successful candidate will
- Assist in the streamlining and automation of reporting within the department to ensure efficient processes as well as suggesting future strategic technical solutions
- Support the delivery of enhanced technical process solutions including: analysis, design, development, testing, training, and implementation
- Utilize knowledge gained from these projects to support ad hoc analysis which may include financial reporting, benchmarking and valuation analysis and financial reporting.
- Facilitate requirements gathering process to determine technical design, documentation and validation of results with business subject matter experts
- Create and revise macros and develop other advanced excel reports.
- Complete financial reporting as required.
- Collaborate on the evolution and integration of the upgraded Investment Finance-Private Investments sub-ledger into the overall Portfolio Accounting structure
- Conduct process walkthroughs and validation with business subject matter experts
- Document the key risks, mitigating controls, performance measures, cost drivers and business continuity plans for processes
- Work with 3rd parties, internal development teams and Private Investments to deploy and support new systems
Partnership Agreement Management
- Work with internal technology department to ensure timely and efficient information flow between parties
- Assist with ensuring the accurate interpretation of key financial terms within our limited partnership agreements
- Maintain and build financial models which analyze complex financial terms (e.g. waterfalls, management fees/offsets and clawbacks)
- Support the technical enhancement of the quarterly valuation process.
- Work effectively with other colleagues in Treasury Services, Information Services and other key groups to facilitate the development of effective and efficient business solutions
- Build strong relationships with Private Investment teams to understand requirements, goals and concerns and ensure delivery of high quality research, support, and analysis
Skills and abilities
- Undergraduate Degree Professional accounting designations (e.g. CA, CMA, CGA) are considered an asset
- 1-3 years relevant work experience in operations, accounting and / or project positions.
- An understanding of private equity finance mechanics (e.g. waterfalls, management fees/offsets and claw-backs) would be an asset
- Knowledge or experience with Private equity systems (e.g. Investran, SimCorp) would be an asset
- Extensive experience creating and revising macros.
- Good working knowledge of VBA.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications with a particular aptitude for MS Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Excellent financial and management accounting skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Experience overseeing projects in a dynamic environment would be an asset
- Self motivated with high degree of professionalism and excellent attention to detail
- Team player attitude who enjoys working in a high performing culture and is open to evolving and changing priorities
- Exemplify our Guiding Principles of Integrity, High Performance and Partnership
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.