Make an impact at a global dynamic investment organization
When you invest in your career at CPPIB, you become part of one of the fastest growing institutional investors in the world, with current assets under management valued in excess of $170 billion. Guided by our purpose to invest on behalf of 18 million contributors and beneficiaries of the Canada Pension Plan, we are independent, accountable and focused on performance.
At CPPIB, you can look forward to:
- Working with world-class talent with diverse backgrounds and deep experience.
- A team-oriented approach that recognizes high performance and values integrity.
- Global career development opportunities with offices in Toronto, London and Hong Kong and future offices in New York and São Paulo.
- Building a diverse, actively managed investment portfolio with a long-term approach.
If you share our sense of purpose, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
Reporting to the Director, HR Operations and Analytics the Project Manager will support strategic HR initiatives and drive execution across the group utilizing project management best practices. This role will work with the HR leaders and other members of the team to provide governance for HR initiatives, track/convey status against key deliverables and address key risks/ issues. The Project Manager will be the point person for other business and IT stakeholders for any project related activities.
- Plan, lead and coordinate across HR for initiatives that impact 2 or more HR groups
- Determine key interdependencies across various HR functions as well as reliance on other groups external to HR and define project critical path accordingly
- Understand general HR functions and foresee issues that can impact key delivery dates; proactively escalate these issues and propose mitigating actions
- Be the point person for HR in all project matters impacting the HR organization
- Provide project progress reports to the HRSM team and senior project stakeholders; ensure timely, end to end communication plans exist in support of key initiatives including new offices implementation, yearend activities, system implementations or enhancements
- Identify changes to existing processes or new process requirements as a result of projects; facilitate discussions across HR to determine process owners; drive definition of process maps and procedures for post implementation maintenance
- Assist HRSM in the coordination of strategic planning and budgeting activities by taking a lead role in defining project needs and budgets
- Facilitate prioritization of strategic initiatives impacting HR and liaise with IT in planning and delivering of these initiatives (for annual plans as well as longer term plans)
- Develop and maintain project dashboards, repositories and related artifacts for all HR initiatives in collaboration with IT
- Identify resource allocation and capacity planning issues for HR projects
The preferred candidate will have 5- 10 years experience working as a Project Manager with minimum 2-3 years delivering projects for HR. The candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree, with a thorough understanding of a variety of HR processes, superior analytical skills and the ability to drive change and demonstrate different influencing styles as appropriate.
Other position requirements:
- Strong planning and organizational skills with proven ability to manage competing priorities and influence others
- A proactive, high energy attitude geared towards achieving continuous improvement
- Collaborate across the organization and demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to think ‘outside the box‘
- Experience launching international offices is preferred
- Exceptional communication skills - both written and verbal
- Strong analytic and decision-making abilities
- Able to clearly explain complex concepts, clarify context, requirements, and process steps
- Able to identify opportunities, take initiative and think through future implications
- Forward thinking to identify potential issues and/or risks to be resolved or minimized
- Exemplifies our Guiding Principles of partnership, integrity and high performance
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.