• Lead and facilitate (Rapid Improvement Events) on the shop floor and in administrative processes.
• The applicant will be responsible for assisting with pre-work for Rapid Improvement events and follow-up and sustainment.
• Shows evidence of ability to guide and mentor others and demonstrates some degree of leadership ability.
• Present to team ranging from 5 to 20 individuals key concepts around Continuous Process Improvement(CPI)
• Works closely with VBS Site Leader and Simpler sense in coordinating and completing CPI activities.
• Expanding level of continuous process improvement knowledge and in ensuring transference of knowledge over time
• Lead discussions and planning sessions with functional leadership to prepare for Rapid Improvement Events.
• Provide resources and tools to support transition period between Rapid Improvement Event and ownership by the functional area.
• Answer questions and educate others about Continuous Process Improvement.
• Attend Kick Off meetings, participate fully in Event week and support VBS Site Leader during Steering Team Meetings.
• Maintain RIE supplies, forms, and room set-up.
• Ensures 6S standards are implemented and maintained.
• Facilitate 6S training to new and existing employees.
• 6S Audit and championing
• Facilitating GEMBA walks when VBS Leader is unavailable.
• Walks plant floors with supervisors and develop standard work for areas
• Participate in Total Process Management auditing
• Key member of plant visual management
• Co-manage visual factory system with the VBS manager
• Participate in Kamishibai audits of the shop floor standard work
• Assist in facilitating Value Stream Analysis, TPOC and problem solving of True North Metrics issues.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma with 2+ years relevant experience.
• Good communications, motivational, presentation and organization skills to educate and lead individuals and teams.
• Passionate about learning and utilizing the latest progress TQM and Lean tools and systems.
• Must be objective and creative.
• Must possess good interpersonal skills and be a team player.
• Must be able to manage multiple priorities.
• Intermediate level of computer knowledge required. (includes Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
DESIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
• Bachelor's Degree
• Knowledge of basic Lean Manufacturing concepts and continuous improvement based tools and techniques
• Previous manufacturing experience
Veyance Technologies, Inc. is a $2.1 B global manufacturer and marketer of engineered rubber products with exclusive global rights to the Goodyear Engineered Products brand name. Its diverse product offering includes conveyor belts; air, water, steam, hydraulic, petroleum, fuel, chemical and materials handling hoses; rubber tracks for agricultural and construction equipment; military tank tracks; power transmission belts; anti-vibration products such as air springs; and services for certain products. Veyance manufactures products in over 30 plants in the US, Canada, Mexico, Australia, Brazil, Chile, China, Czech Republic, Slovenia, South Africa and Venezuela. The Company sells its products largely through wholesale distributors to a wide variety of market segments, with industrial and military applications accounting for the majority of its revenues and profits.
*** Veyance Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities. ***
*** Disabled veterans and qualified job seekers with a disability may request for reasonable accommodation to the application process by mail or fax to Veyance Technologies, Inc., Attn: HR - Application Accommodation Request, 703 S. Cleveland-Massillon Rd, Fairlawn, OH, 44333, Fax: 330-664-7262. ***
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.