The Quality Manager will lead plant technical resources to monitor and control plant processes with an eye towards achieving customer satisfaction. Included in the endeavor is active participation in the Veyance Business System (Lean) activities to reduce product and process variation and elimination of waste.
• Manage the plant Quality Team (including lab), Capability & Problem Solving (CPS), and Process Shift Support Teams.
• Document and effectively communicate plant policies and procedures.
• Assure compliance to the policies through constant surveillance of the systems.
• Ensure incoming material meets requirements.
• Assure outgoing product conforms to customer expectations.
• Respond to customer quality concerns/complaints.
• Provide system solutions to assure permanent corrective actions are achieved.
• Review data to verify process capability and product characteristics.
• Assure teams are focused on driving improvement for characteristics found to be less than capable.
• Maintain the plant ISO accredited system.
• Provide leadership to improve the system year over year.
• Generate immediate corrective actions for systems in the facility which fail to comply with corporate or ISO standards.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Quality Management, Engineering, Chemistry, Material Science or other technical discipline.
• 5+ years of experience in quality assurance/quality control.
• Knowledge of the ISO standard.
• Familiar with independent 3rd party ISO audits.
• Experience as a Lead ISO Auditor.
• Familiarity with APQP (CP, PFMEA’s, PFD), Six Sigma, Lean, Design of Experiments and systematic problem solving techniques such as 8D’s and 5 Why.
• Strong leadership, interpersonal skills, and organizational skills.
• Ability to progress simultaneously on multiple projects at the plant as well as in the global marketplace.
• Able to communicate to all levels of the organization.
• Able to solve problems and issues.
• Detail oriented
• MS Office efficiency
• Willingness and ability to travel both domestically & internationally.
• Willingness and ability to do hands-on work when required.
• Authorized to work in the United States.
DESIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
• Quality Manager experience
• Knowledge in SAP navigation
• Industrial manufacturing experience in rubber preferred.
**An Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.**
**Job seekers with a disability may make requests for reasonable accommodation to the application process by mail or fax to Veyance Technologies, Inc., Attn: HR - Application Accommodation Request, 703 S. Cleveland-Massillon Rd, Fairlawn, OH, 44333. Fax: 330-664-7262.**