Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Engineer II – Maintenance/Reliability/EE?
We are currently seeking an Engineer II – Maintenance/Reliability/EE for our Uncle Sam, Louisiana location. The purpose of this position is to identify, design and implement reliability improvements focused on increased equipment availability and reduced life cycle cost. Work closely with Operations, Maintenance Supervisors and Craftsmen to provided technical support and improve their reliability skill sets. Be vigilant of issues and conditions that can affect their fellow workers. Report any issues that can impact the environment or the safety of the employees.
What will you do?
- Identify reliability opportunities, design improvements and oversee implementation in coordination with Operations & Maintenance personnel
- Perform RCM reviews of critical or unreliable equipment. Facilitate Root Cause Failure analysis exercises.
- Monitor production area lubrication practices. Play supporting role in Craftsman skills training and development.
- Review MOC’s and capital projects for reliability improvement opportunities.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Be vigilant of issues and conditions that can affect their fellow workers
- Report any issues that can impact the environment or the safety of the employees
What do you need for this role?
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
- BS in Electrical Engineering discipline is required.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a chemical, mining, industrial or power plant with experience leading teams while working in operations and maintenance is required.
- P.E. Certification is desirable
- Understanding of excel (pivot tables), and Office XP are required.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple priorities and understand the interrelations within an industrial facility.
- This position requires a combination of several leadership skills and styles to get results through others.
- Influential leadership and strong communication skills are a necessity.
- Organizational skills in a fast paced / high stress environment are required.
- Physical work environment is frequently outdoors with exposure to varying temperatures from below 32 degrees to above 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to safely perform the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others.
- Able to lift approximately 0-10 lbs. unassisted and occasionally
- Able to climb stairs and work at various heights
- Able to distinguish varying or specific colors, patterns or materials
- Able to hear, with or without correction
- Able to read, write and understand basic English
- Able to see, with or without correction
- Able to travel unassisted
- Able to use fine hand motor skills
- Able to work in tight or closed-in spaces
- Able to work rotating shifts and overtime as required
- Physically able to use standard safety equipment which is rated for 300 pounds or less
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Selected candidates will be required to successfully complete the following:
- Post-offer/pre-placement drug and alcohol screening, background check, physical, functional capacity examination.
Mosaic participates in the US E-Verify program.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!