Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently seeking a Temporary Lab Technician I (12 month term) at our Belle Plaine, SK location. The successful candidate will be responsible for accurately performing all routine and non-routine shipping, refinery and field samples in a safe and timely fashion. This position is required to perform efficiently with minimum direction and supervision.
What will you be working on?
- Ensure that safety and housekeeping standards in his/her areas of responsibility are maintained at required high levels by applying the proper chemical handling, sampling and analysis procedures, and safety programs. The incumbent will attend and participate in safety training, meetings, audits and shift starts.
- Plan and perform high quality, accurate, thorough and timely sample collection, preparation, analysis and reporting. Attention to detail and being able to multitask and prioritize workload.
- Utilize effective oral and written communication skills to ensure that analysis results are effectively communicated in a timely manner . Courtesy, tact, and a professional image must be maintained at all times. Holding/releasing railcars/unit trains/bagged products and ensuring specifications are met during the manufacture and loading of Water Softener, Animal Feed, Industrial and Agricultural products. Communicating unusual and/or upset production analytical data to the Operators, Production Shifters and Laboratory Supervisors.
- Analyze and evaluate problems including troubleshooting instrument issues. Making sound conclusions and decisions on the information available. This includes self-discipline, self-motivation and demonstrating initiative.
- Work as a team member demonstrating cooperative and team building skills both within the laboratory and with other departments.
- Participate in, monitor compliance with, and establish priorities within the Analytical Quality Assurance Program as well as the Chemical, Instrument and Equipment Maintenance Program. Additional assignments as directed by the Lab Supervisor or QC Specialist.
What is required for this role?
- Post-secondary technical degree, diploma or certificate from a recognized institution in a chemistry or chemical related field or equivalent experience.
- The technologist 1 is an entry level position. The incumbent may be considered for a technologist 2 position based on related industry experience and/or knowledge and experience as a contract employee with Mosaic.
- Be vigilant of issues and conditions that can affect their fellow workers.
- Report any issues that can impact the environment or the safety of the employees.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic's pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!