Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently seeking Continuous Improvement Coordinator II at our Colonsay, SK location. The successful candidate will assist in the development, integration and sustainability of a continuous improvement (CI) culture within a Potash facility with direction from the CI Lead. This will include assessment, prioritization and execution of Performance Management (PfM) / Lean Manufacturing / Data Analysis / other CI projects which meet yearly site objectives for overall CI set during budgeting. As a CI Coordinator, you will work with site personnel providing project leadership, coaching, training and auditing / assessment.
What will you be working on?
- Working with the CI Lead, assist the site employees in implementing CI processes that include alignment of scorecards, financials, EDGE goals, staff development and training. Provide coaching and counseling on CI and PfM throughout the facility hierarchy.
- Become an advocate for change. Assist in the identification of projects and facility improvements by gathering ideas and concerns from all level of the organization. Identify barriers/resistance and push up to management to ensure that the facility continues to build the CI Culture.
- Oversee, report, audit and optimize the facility systems to improve plant metrics, meeting cadence, processes, procedures, reliability, engagement, safety, and quality.
- Build CI culture to realize benefits from all CI initiatives and the CI toolsets including Daily Dialogues, business acumen, establishing site and departmental improvement targets and feedback systems. Assist formal and informal change agents to optimize the ability of the site to effectively implement change at the optimal pace and sustainability.
- Assist in development, management, monitoring and retargeting of KPI’s for the site and local teams.
What is required for this role?
- High School Diploma/GED with 10 years related experience or Bachelor’s Degree or Trade with 3 years related experience.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience; demonstrated leadership and continuous improvement experience with an understanding of the dynamics of interpersonal relationships. Must possess solid written and verbal communication skills. Must be capable of giving and receiving honest feedback.
- Experience creating and executing Continuous Improvement activities that drive organizational results and change.
- Formal training in Change Management, Continuous Improvement (i.e., Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizan, Workout), Performance Management, data analysis.
- Significant experience in one or more of the following areas: statistical analysis, 8-step problem solving, asset management, cost/life cycle analysis, maintenance/reliability, industrial process systems. Expertise in all of these areas may not be required as needs will be assessed against the capabilities of the CI staff.
- Microsoft MS Office Suite, familiarity with plant operations software (i.e., PI, OIS and MOIS) and statistical analysis software .
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic's pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!