Under general direction of the Recruiting Manager, this position will manage and execute full-cycle recruiting for all assigned positions. This will include the development and execution of effective recruiting strategies; the development of strong partnerships among hiring managers, candidates and teammates; and the delivery of exceptional customer service to both external and internal customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manage and execute the full-cycle recruiting process including, but not limited to:
• Conduct initial hiring manager in-take meetings (phone or face-to-face) in order to gain a solid understanding of job profiles and recruitment needs.
• Develop and execute effective recruiting strategies. This will include sourcing and identifying candidates through proactive and passive recruiting strategies such as web searches, job boards, diversity groups, social networking, cold calling, database mining, professional organizations, job fairs, college and alumni communities, direct recruiting, assessment days, and agencies as directed by manager.
• Develop and conduct phone interviews on prospective candidates.
• Present to hiring managers a diverse slate of candidates whose qualifications align with the job qualifications discussed initially during manager in-take meetings.
• Proactively drive the coordination of the on-site interview process through partnership and support of a recruiting assistant, and at times, coordinate on-site interviews without support from a recruiting assistant.
• Prepare and extend employment offers to candidates including any salary negotiations.
• Build effective partnerships with hiring managers in order to influence hiring decisions, and serve as their primary point-of-contact through the CarMax Auto Finnce recruiting process. This includes clear and timely communication over the phone, through email and/or face-to-face meetings.
• Advise CarMax hiring managers regarding the interview/hiring process to ensure fair and consistent candidate selection methods.
• Develop and execute effective recruiting strategies that will support CarMax’s initiative with regard to work force diversity.
• Build effective relationships with candidates, and serve as their primary point-of-contact through the CarMax recruiting process.
• Create job requisitions and accurately manage candidates through the recruiting workflow in CarMax’s applicant tracking system.
• Create/develop job postings and advertisements used for carmax.com, major job boards (i.e., Monster, CareerBuilder) and other online resources. (i.e., diversity sites, social networking sites, niche’ sites, alumni sites, etc.)
• Attend and participate in company-wide activities associated with personal development and/or organizational knowledge. (IDP’s, Workshops, KMX Leadership Classes)
• Attend and participate in job fairs, outplacement events, college recruiting and/or other externally sponsored recruiting events.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple requisitions and administer multiple processes at a time. Requires ability to set and manage priorities, and adjust to change in direction from manager as a result of shifting business needs. Requires strong organizational skills and attention to detail, and the ability to plan short-to-mid term.
• Ability to frequently build and foster strong relationships with some levels of stakeholders. (i.e., hiring managers, team members, candidates)
• Ability to reason, and communicate detailed information on hiring regulations/employment laws, benefits and compensation to hiring managers and job applicants.
• Ability to consistently manage and resolve conflict in some instances with little-to-no direction, and in other instances with general guidance from senior team members or managers.
• Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Effectively manage stressful situations.
• Interpret and analyze data, reports, processes, trends and situations and recommend solutions.
• Complete CarMax provided training as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of 2+ years of general recruiting experience required, previous experience recruiting exempt and non-exempt openings in a full-cycle environment strongly preferred.
• Proven track record of successfully building and maintaining strong relationships with hiring managers is required.
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills including proficiency with MS Office products (Word and Excel), internet search engines, and email systems. (i.e., Lotus Notes, MS Outlook, etc.)
• Four year degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field preferred but not required
• Ability to effectively communicate in a clear and timely manner to some levels of stakeholders (i.e., hiring managers, team members, candidates). This includes the ability to influence stakeholders without direct reporting authority.
• Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with both associates and managers.
• Ability to convey a professional and positive image to applicants and associates.
• Ability to comprehend and execute intermediate math skills.
• Ability to identify problems and provide solutions. In some instances, seeks general guidance from senior team members or managers.
• Ability to use independent judgment to make sound independent decisions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The position requires the candidate to perform many functions using the telephone and computer.
• May require sitting for extended periods of time.
• Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
• Pleasant, but busy office, taking direction from more than one manager.
• Numerous distractions and disruptions due to incoming communication.
• Pleasant office environment.
• May require standing or sitting for extended periods of time.
• Will require flexible work hours based on department and business needs to include evenings and potentially weekends as required.
• Casual company dress code.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is inside a central heat and air-conditioned office building. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.