The Licensed Practical Nurse ( LPN ) / Licensed Vocational Nurse ( LVN ) is responsible for providing direct skilled client care under the supervision of a registered nurse. Responsibilities include following the plan of care, providing treatments, and working collaboratively with the members of the team to help meet positive client care outcomes.
The Licensed Practical Nurse LPN / Licensed Vocational Nurse LVN is responsible for providing direct skilled client care under the supervision of a registered nurse. Responsibilities include following the plan of care, providing treatments, and working collaboratively with the members of the team to help meet positive client care outcomes.
- Graduated from a National League of Nursing accredited practical or vocational school of nursing.
- Unencumbered license as a Practical or Vocational Nurse in the state that care is delivered.
- One year of nursing experience required; three years nursing experience preferred. Community, home health or medical/surgical experience preferred.
- Comply with the state nurse practice act.
- Comply with accepted professional standards of practice.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Certified in CPR.
- Strong clinical skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to deal tactfully with clients, other team members and community.
- Treat clients, team members and the public with courtesy, respect and presents a positive public image.
- Empathy for the needs of the client.
- Works as a team member.
- Self-directing with the ability to work with little direct supervision.
- Licensed driver with automobile that is insured in accordance with the organizations requirements.
- Negative TB test or chest x-ray.
Keywords: LPN, L.P.N., licensed practical nurse, R.N., RN, registered nurse, nursing, ER, emergency room, medical, surgical, obstetrics, operating, pediatrics, intensive care unit, ICU, I.C.U., E.R., homecare, home care, home health, hospice
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.