“BICS is recognized in the wholesale communications market as a top global voice carrier and the leading provider of mobile data services. We aim at bridging the telecom world with the new unconventional communication providers worldwide. Our innovative suite of solutions for Voice, Messaging, Data & Connectivity, Business Intelligence & Analytics, Fraud & Authentication, Roaming, MVNE and Asset Monetization bring value to our customers’ businesses by enabling them to offer state-of-the-art communication services.
Our headquarters is located in Brussels and we offer global connectivity with strong presence in Africa, Americas, Asia-Pacific, Europe and Middle East. We have regional offices in Bern, Madrid, Dubai, New York, San Francisco and Singapore, a satellite office in Beijing and local representation in Accra, Cape Town, Miami, Montevideo, Nairobi and Toronto.
With a diverse and multicultural team of about 500 employees, we continuously strive to provide customers with the highest level of quality, reliability and interoperability, enabling them to maximize their end-user value.”
The Security Engineer will be part of BICS Security Department headquartered in Brussels.
BICS as an international carrier has legal obligations- under conditions which are strictly regulated by law in multiple countries– to disclose telecommunications related data to Law Enforcement Agencies (LEA), different Regulatory bodies and other Official instances. Your focus will be on setting up, organizing and assuring continuous compliance of BICS’ obligations towards these bodies.
As a Security Engineer you will:
- Liaise and closely collaborate with internal Legal and Business departments in identifying BICS’ obligation with respect to the various laws and regulations;
- Identify and analyse the requirements of new tooling to support LEA requests;
- Identify and analyse the changed capabilities of existing tooling to support LEA requests;
- Participate in the requirements definition and validation of new acquired platforms and software with a focus on the support of LEA requests;
- Perform the internal acceptance testing and ensure validation of the requirements of LEA tools and platforms;
- Determine, develop and execute all operational procedures and processes to support LEA requests;
- Coordinate requests and ensure daily liaison with security operations engineers;
- Take responsibility for the analysis and timely response to inquiries of Law Enforcement Agencies;
- Build and maintain a good working relationship with external LEA representatives;
- Keep up-to-date with changes in applicable regulation and laws;
- Ensure monthly reporting of LEA events to the BICS management;
- Be prepared to travel occasionally.
- You have a University / Master Degree ideally security, Legal or technology related;
- You have minimum 3 years of relevant experience in IT, telco or legal environment;
- You are proficient in written and spoken English. Fluent in French and Dutch;
- A Basic knowledge of the telecom sector and the applicable technologies is needed;
- You have a good understanding (or keen to get to learn) Data Privacy and Telco Secrecy laws;
- You have a good understanding of operational procedures and processes;
- You are well organized, structured and you have an eye for details;
- You have strong analytical skills in order to determine requirements for tooling;
- You have the ability to manage multiple tasks and resources;
- You have an excellent presentation and communication skills;
- You are diplomatic in interactions with external parties;
- You can build good relation;
- You are flexible and open for fast changes;
- Any previous experience with Legal Intercept solutions would be definitely be a plus.
A professional and stimulating working environment in the telecommunications sector. Various career opportunities within the Proximus Group on a national and international level, high-quality training and a rich and acknowledged expertise. We also offer you an attractive remuneration with many fringe benefits.