“BICS is recognized in the wholesale communications market as a top global voice carrier and the leading provider of mobile data services. We aim at bridging the telecom world with the new unconventional communication providers worldwide. Our innovative suite of solutions for Voice, Messaging, Data & Connectivity, Business Intelligence & Analytics, Fraud & Authentication, Roaming, MVNE and Asset Monetization bring value to our customers’ businesses by enabling them to offer state-of-the-art communication services.
Our headquarters is located in Brussels and we offer global connectivity with strong presence in Africa, Americas, Asia-Pacific, Europe and Middle East. We have regional offices in Bern, Madrid, Dubai, New York, San Francisco and Singapore, a satellite office in Beijing and local representation in Accra, Cape Town, Miami, Montevideo, Nairobi and Toronto.
With a diverse and multicultural team of about 500 employees, we continuously strive to provide customers with the highest level of quality, reliability and interoperability, enabling them to maximize their end-user value.”
- As Senior engineer , you are responsible for overseeing all 2nd line issues (techniques, systems or processes);
- You assure second line support for all BICS Mobile Data products and for all Mobile Data platforms ( STP, LTE/DRA, SMS ,MMS, SMS FW , Data Roaming Control , Signalling VAS, Tektronix 14U monitoring probes ,Instant Roaming, Roaming Hub);
- You Manage projects in the service assurance domain, involving network adaptations, new products introduction, tooling improvements or state of the art alarming and monitoring;
- You are Responsible for the America’s region specific services introduction for the following family of products: STP (ANSI-ITU conversion), LTE and SMS (GNM/OTT – SMS over API);
- You develop the role of Regional Incident Manager, acting as escalation coordinator for service issues detected in EST and PDT time zones;
- You serve as a technical lead to the BICS NOC Engineers in our America’s offices;
- You serve as lite service manager /SNA technical SPOC for our America’s major customers.
- Your oversee scheduling and performance of planned works and network assurance on all the mobile data platforms;
- You work with our Customer Care team in order to find solutions for problems reported by our customers’ .You will manage the operational relationship with service providers and vendors by measuring, reporting and tracking performances and issues.
- You Initiate actions with the providers and vendors where this is required to restore performance;
- You l lead network optimization in the service assurance area in order to guarantee high availability, excellent customer satisfaction and the best practices of business continuity;
- You lead service engineers and specialists to ensure they have the right know-how in several services, systems and technologies to guarantee an excellent service assurance (functional responsibility);
- You work with service fulfilment organization to support correct introduction of new services /interconnections for the customers in America’s region;
- You work with our engineering team to deploy new services;
- You take part in a guard duty service.
- You have a Master degree in Electronics, IT or ICT
- You have minimum 5 years of experience in telecom ,mainly in Mobile Data area (Mobile telecom operators or International Carriers ) focused in North America and LATAM regions
- You have strong knowledge of Telecom technologies and ITU/ETSI telecom standards/protocols (SS7/Sigtran/LTE /SMPP,GTP ..)
- You have profound knowledge and experience with mobile data platforms (STP/SMS/MMS/LTE/Roaming hub )
- You Mater Business Analytics tools ( Qlikview, SalesForce, Business Object, ..)
- You have good operational knowledge of Unix and SQL commands
- You have good knowledge about Transmission world and the equipment used there
- You are action oriented and have strong analytical mind
- You are customer focused with a good mind for high quality
- You are stress resistant ,highly flexible and accessible
- You are fluent in English. Knowledge of Spanish is considered as a plus
- You are a US citizen or already have the credentials to work in the US
A professional and stimulating working environment in the telecommunications sector. Various career opportunities within the Proximus Group on a national and International level, high-quality training and a rich and acknowledged expertise. We also offer you an attractive remuneration with many fringe benefits.