As a member of the executive management team, the Business Segment Director, Analytical Instruments will have responsibility for the Analytical Instruments Division of the Reichert Technologies business unit of AMETEK. The primary objective of this general management role is to provide senior level leadership over the day-to-day activities of a $5.3 million Life Sciences and Refractometer organization to ensure profitable growth with a focus on continuous improvement. This position will report to the Division VP/ Reichert Business Unit Manager.
• Establish, lead, and successfully execute a strategic plan for the Analytical Instruments business.
• Develop and deliver against an annual operating plan that appropriately utilizes available resources to optimize the P&L.
• Fiscally responsible and astute in managing a P&L monthly, quarterly and yearly.
• Create, measure and report on quality standards that relate Customer Satisfaction to performance.
• Establish accurate sales forecasts and demand plans for manufacturing.
• Identify and eliminate quality issues and facilitate effective product design.
• Manage the Sales, Marketing and Product Development teams directly and work cross-functionally with Manufacturing, Service and Repair, Human Resources and Finance to achieve and exceed annual strategic and financial objectives.
• Manage the product line roadmap, which identifies new products and services to optimize penetration with our customers.
• Develop a sales channel and manage a global sales organization comprised of direct and indirect sales, and meet or exceed sales and gross profit goals.
• Managing dealers and supporting sales efforts through dealer training, customer presentations, staffing exhibitions, telephone support, closing sales, demonstrations and installations.
• Establish winning marketing strategies and develop successful product launches, including technical marketing leadership via white papers, technical brochures, publications and networking.
• Develop and implement pricing strategies and sales incentive programs which align employees’ individual objectives to the goals of the business.
• Establish direct and dealer target account penetration plans based upon installed base opportunity and develop systems to improve customer support based on measured levels of customer satisfaction.
• Lead a cross-functional product development team to identify, evaluate, develop and launch new products on time and within budget.
• Work with internal and external customers to establish a product development pipeline that addresses customers’ unmet needs.
• Technical leadership for all AI products (quality, performance, completeness).
• Hire, lead, manage, coach and develop a direct report team of 5, providing support on critical or contentious customer issues as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or advanced life sciences degree.
• An MBA or 5-7 years of equivalent general management experience (minimum 5 years of experience as a manager of people).
• Strategic Leader: Intellectual capacity to think strategically and the passion and pragmatism to lead and drive execution in a performance-focused environment.
• Business Innovator: A quick study with an entrepreneurial approach and direct experience working with customers & salespeople.
• Leadership Savvy: A hands-on manager, driven to succeed, who is open to direction, able to effectively delegate, and leverages interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style to influence and get things done through others
• Communication Excellence: Strong verbal and written skills and an ability to persuade others succinctly through details and facts.
• Ability to travel globally (up to 30%), therefore a current passport or ability to acquire one is required.
• Advanced degree in life science discipline.
• Experience leading more than one business function or the demonstrable curiosity to prove broader potential.