AllianceBernstein is a leading global investment management firm that offers high-quality research and diversified investment services to institutional clients, individuals and private clients in major markets around the world. AllianceBernstein employs more than 500 investment professionals with expertise in growth equities, value equities, fixed income securities, blend strategies and alternative investments and, through its subsidiaries and joint ventures, operates in more than 20 countries. AllianceBernstein’s research disciplines include fundamental research, quantitative research, economic research and currency forecasting capabilities. Through its integrated global platform, AllianceBernstein is well-positioned to tailor investment solutions for its clients. AllianceBernstein also offers independent research, portfolio strategy and brokerage-related services to institutional investors.
Sanford C. Bernstein is widely recognized as Wall Street’s premier sell-side research firm. Our research is sought out by leading investment managers around the world, and we are annually ranked at the very top of acknowledged arbiters. In independent surveys of major institutional clients, Bernstein's research is ranked #1 for overall quality, industry knowledge, most trusted, best detailed financial analysis, most useful valuation frameworks, best original research, and most positively impacted investment performance. In Institutional Investor’s 2010 annual client survey, the leading survey by which analysts in our industry are evaluated, 100% of our U.S. Analysts were recognized as among the best in their respective fields - more than any other firm on Wall Street.
Since Sanford C. Bernstein was founded in 1967, research has been our calling card. The Bernstein research brand is defined by our renowned Blackbooks, reports known for their unbiased, in-depth company and industry forecasts. We have a community of Research Analysts who are acknowledged thought leaders that typically have years of experience in the industries they cover. Our reputation is for the very highest caliber of independent and disciplined investment and industry analysis. We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of our buy-side parent, AllianceBernstein.
We are looking for a New York based Associate Portfolio Manager to support the senior portfolio management of the Fixed Income Municipal Team. The principal function of the Associate Portfolio Manager is to support the senior portfolio management team, ensuring that investment strategies are accurately implemented in the portfolios.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Math, Finance or Engineering with 0 to 2 years’ industry-related experience. Experience with fixed income is preferred. Candidates must possess strong communication, quantitative, analytical and computer skills. Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a deadline driven environment is vital to this role. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for someone with a willingness to learn.
The Associate Portfolio Manager works as part of a team supporting senior portfolio managers. Specific responsibilities may include:
• Monitor portfolios’ position weights and risk analytics compared to benchmarks and targets. Highlight deviations and enter orders to rebalance portfolios.
• Collaborate with Portfolio Managers on creating marketing presentations and reports for clients.
• Construct trade orders to be executed.
• Monitor portfolio positions and trade orders for compliance with client guidelines.
• Generate purchase or sell orders to meet client contributions or withdrawals.
• Manage portfolio cash balances and ensure cash balances are consistent with product guidelines and current investment strategy.
• Review proposed guideline amendments, custodial changes, and other activities that may impact accounts
• Review and resolve any potential post trade compliance breaches.
• Liaise with other departments internally, including Legal/Compliance, Sales/Marketing, Investment Operations, and other Investment Teams.
• Understand investment decisions derived from Credit strategy meetings with respect to implementation activities
Location New York, New York, USA
Must submit cover letter and resume to www.alliancebernstein.com/careers