AllianceBernstein is a leading global investment management firm that offers high-quality research and diversified investment services to institutional clients, individuals and private clients in major markets around the world. AllianceBernstein employs more than 500 investment professionals with expertise in growth equities, value equities, fixed income securities, blend strategies, and alternative investments, and, through its subsidiaries and joint ventures, operates in more than 20 countries. AllianceBernstein’s research disciplines include fundamental research, quantitative research, economic research and currency forecasting capabilities. Through its integrated global platform, AllianceBernstein is well-positioned to tailor investment solutions for its clients. AllianceBernstein also offers independent research, portfolio strategy and brokerage-related services to institutional investors.
IT Group Description
Our team is responsible for providing automated solutions to many of the firm’s account-based business processes (e.g., client account openings, cash flows, trade approvals, asset transfers, etc.). Specifically the team develops and supports two critical enterprise workflow applications that control Asset Movements and Account Properties. This position is an opportunity to work with a dynamic team and learn the finance industry.
We are seeking a New York based developer to join the Equity Investment Management Technology department. The employee will work closely with Application architects to deliver new solutions within the existing application framework; to consolidate and upgrade existing functions and to provide production support to a large user population.
The successful candidate will work closely with senior developers on workflow automation solutions concerning portfolio management, operations, and trading, both developing and providing second-level support for end users. The candidate should demonstrate strong technical skills and a proven experience in the financial services industry or a comparable, highly regulated industry such as Pharma. Must have experience working in teams to deliver systems that are under tight timelines.
ACE (Automated Cashflow Entry) started as an application that exclusively managed all cash movements at AB and has grown into a system that controls asset movements, currency purchases, and account maintenance. SNAP (Simplified New Account Process) has a win forms and a web component and is the system used to manage account lifecycle transitions (Account Openings, Asset Mix Changes, and Account Closings) at AB.
The two custom built applications use .Net technologies (front end and middle tier application server) with SQL Server databases for their back end.
• They interface directly, often in real time, with more than a dozen critical production applications supporting such diverse business needs as CRM, compliance in transfer of foreign assets, and trading.
• They are used by 1500+ global users, 24-hrs a day / 6 days a week.
• Together, these applications complete well over a million unique transactions annually.
The employee’s day to day activities will include
• Hands-on C# .NET programming and design both front-end and server-side
• Hands-on database development including schema design and business logic implementation,
• Close collaboration with / supervision by senior developers to ensure all code is consistent with architectural standards and design,
• Cross-functional efforts with other development teams (Trading, Portfolio Management, Sales, Compliance, and Operations) in support of enterprise efforts.
• Collaboration with business users to refine application requirements, participating in interim deliverables such as prototype demonstrations, and support of business user testing.
• Hands-on production support, assisting the business in solving key deadline-driven issues. This production support work is expected to take approximately twenty percent of the employee’s time.
The employee will work on two applications that are uniquely and critically important to the business, and are key tools used to accomplish financial goals and to execute and administer portfolio management strategy for both internal and external clients on a daily basis.
The new employee will work on projects that directly impact the ability of the business to support new financial products. As such the successful candidate for this position should have at least a basic understanding of financial strategies and the principles of portfolio management.
Because the application supports business activity starting from the point when a client makes the request to through the entire life cycle of the transaction to its posting, working on this team is a unique opportunity to learn all aspects of the asset management business, from Sales, through Portfolio Management all the way to Operational procedures in both in-house and externally custodied accounts.
• Required Qualifications, Experience, and Education:
o Six to Nine years of software development experience using Microsoft technologies
o Knowledge and proven experience with .NET Framework (2.0-4.0), C#, SQL Server, XML
o Skill in developing with .NET WinForms
o Experience with MS .Net WPF
o Experience with MS .Net Remoting
o Knowledge of RDBMS design & development, including SQL performance tuning
o Good understanding of object-oriented design principles and design patterns
o Excellent communication skills
o Ability to work in a fast-paced environment using a highly iterative release process
o Experience in a heavily regulated industry (for example: Financial Services, Pharma, or Insurance).
• The ideal candidate may also have the following qualifications:
o Experience working in the Financial Services Industry
o Experience working on a cash flow or workflow platform.
• City / State / Country:
New York City
How to Apply
• Submit cover letter and CV to www.alliancebernstein.com/careers, and search by Job ID 6454.