AllianceBernstein is a leading global investment management firm that offers high-quality research and diversified investment services to institutional clients, individuals and private clients in major markets around the world. AllianceBernstein employs more than 500 investment professionals with expertise in growth equities, value equities, fixed income securities, asset allocation and alternative investments and, through its subsidiaries and joint ventures, operates in more than 20 countries. AllianceBernstein’s research disciplines include fundamental research, quantitative research, economic research and currency forecasting capabilities. Through its integrated global platform, AllianceBernstein is well-positioned to tailor investment solutions for its clients. AllianceBernstein also offers independent research, portfolio strategy and brokerage-related services to institutional investors.
We are looking for a New York based Associate Portfolio Manager to support the senior portfolio management team in Fixed Income. The principal function of the Associate Portfolio Manager is to support the senior portfolio management team, ensuring that investment strategies are accurately implemented in the portfolios.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree with zero to two years’ industry-related experience. Experience with fixed income is preferred. Candidates must possess strong communication, quantitative, analytical and computer skills. Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a deadline driven environment is vital to this role. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for someone with a willingness to learn.
The Associate Portfolio Manager works as part of a team supporting senior portfolio managers. Specific responsibilities may include:
• Monitor portfolios’ position weights and risk analytics compared to benchmarks and targets. Highlight deviations and enter orders to rebalance portfolios.
• Construct trade orders to be executed.
• Monitor portfolio positions and trade orders for compliance with client guidelines.
• Generate purchase or sell orders to meet client contributions or withdrawals.
• Manage portfolio cash balances and ensure cash balances are consistent with product guidelines and current investment strategy.
• Review proposed guideline amendments, custodial changes, and other activities that may impact accounts
• Review and resolve any potential post trade compliance breaches.
• Liaise with other departments internally, including Legal/Compliance, Sales/Marketing, Investment Operations, and other Investment Teams.
• Understand investment decisions derived from Credit strategy meetings with respect to implementation activities
New York, NY
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter and CV to www.alliancebernstein.com/careers, search by Job ID 5846.
AllianceBernstein is an equal opportunity employer.