Using Team Logistics, establish and manage a lowest cost reliable, flexible, integrated, quick response Demand Chain that enhances Product Quality and provides a high percentage of In-Stock at the correct store Service Level, while reducing Logistics' costs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage the Demand Chain for the Division, to achieve the Logistics mission and increase profitability to all stakeholders -- Franchisees, CDC Operators, and 7-Eleven, Inc.
• Integrate "Demand Chain Management" into Division Merchandising, to ensure implementation of the best Logistics Solutions toward accomplishing 7-Eleven's Strategies.
• Ensure key measures are met:
• Continuous Improvement and reduction of Cost Per Store Day and total CDC expenses.
• 100% In-Stock target -- (98.0% minimum acceptable);
• 100% On-Time -- (99.0% minimum acceptable);
• Develop/implement expense reduction plans/budgets, working through Partner companies.
• Implementation of all Standards & "Best Practices":
• Review Service Records, Volume Reports, Financial Statements.
• Inspect facilities & vehicles -- identify problems, develop improvement plans, and verify execution of plans -- via use of a "scorecard" and "benchmarks".
• Facilitate Lean problem resolution at the appropriate levels and functions
• Develop Executive Summaries of Performance for 7-Eleven and Partner management.
• Assist Division Merchandising and Operations in the implementation of Revenue Growth Plans, by providing sound Logistics solutions.
• Function as the communications link between 7-Eleven and CDCs/Wholesaler:
• Function as the front-line contact for Division Management and Partner Executives.
• Resolve any service issues between stores and Logistics Providers.
• Problem-solve any discrepancies in routes or schedules.
• Manage the wholesaler as a supplier to the CDCs.
Direct Store Deliveries (DSD)
• Coordinate the implementation of Managed Distribution -- including:
• Store-Generated Orders, placing emphasis on 7-Eleven's "control" over the Ordering process.
• Rationalized Delivery Schedules and Minimal Order to Delivery Lead Times.
• Optimal Delivery Frequency, Scheduled and Off-Peak Delivery Times.
• Balanced Orders, to ensure Store and Operator efficiencies.
• Facilitate the communication model between DSD Suppliers and Field Merchandising as it relates to Managed Distribution.
-Bachelor's Degree required
-A minimum of 5 to 7 years experience in a food manufacturing or distribution environment