The Kasper Group is an apparel industry leader, offering women wardrobe solutions for their wear-to-work and special occasion dressing needs. Driven by excellence and exceptional talent, The Kasper Group has remained a forerunner in fashion for over 30 years. We are committed to delivering iconic brands (Kasper, Anne Klein, LeSuit), relevant fashions and trusted, quality products to our consumers. So be a part of the exceptional talent! We currently have an excellent opportunity for an Associate Technical Designer. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist senior technical design staff in preparing, evaluating fit on model
- Taking notes of evaluation of samples during model fittings.
- Distribute the specs to appropriate agents & factories, and complete revisions on a timely basis.
- Coordinate the fitting & review of proto garments with appropriate Technical Design and Design staff for approval.
- Review and measure overseas proto garments against requested specifications for fit and construction
- Communicate with factories daily regarding fit changes
- Partner with Design, Sales, and Product on garment construction from concept to creation
- Measuring and preparing fit samples for fitting on model with accuracy and speed.
- Adheres to department timelines and the T&A.
- Able to set basic priorities for own workload.
- Prepares tech packs and other communications with clarity and accuracy
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design or related field
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- PDF and CAD drawing experience
- Knowledge of PLM a plus
- Excellent time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.