One Jeanswear Group designs, markets, produces, and distributes a distinguished portfolio of branded and private label Jeanswear brands throughout North America. We work with retailers in every tier of distribution, seamlessly adapting to the dynamic retail landscape to reach our widespread consumer base. Our focus is on achieving long-term growth by delivering the most innovative product and brand strategies in the market.
One Jeanswear Group, Inc. is seeking an Associate Knits Designer for our Contemporary brand; Ella Moss. The Associate Designer will partner with the Senior Designer and VP of Design to work across all product categories from conception of ideas through completion of line.
The essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Product development at all stages under guidance of senior designer: sketching, detail sketches, tech-packing (proto stage), specing, trend presentation boards and decks, etc.
- Coordinate samples: check in proto & salesman samples; arrange samples & rolling racks
- Measure / check specs of proto samples
- Coordinate and attend proto fittings.
- Provide factory with proto revisions, comments and corrections.
- Coordinate sample requests from sales & marketing etc.
- Generate & update line sheets & color cards
- Send out and follow up on fabric, trim and style development packages for overseas vendors
- Participate in group meetings & trend shopping
- Understand the customers by doing market research
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of the customer & competition
- Shop retail floor
- Concept research
- Adhere to due dates for all stages of design
- Attend production fittings
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3+ years of related experience
- Ability to create initial specs
- Strong Adobe Illustrator skills required
- Familiarity with the development process as it relates to working with overseas factories and vendors
- Possess a strong fashion sense, and the ability to interpret trends
- Be able to effectively manage time and multi-task, pay strong attention to detail, and work within a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi task and prioritize
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- College degree in fashion
- PLM a plus but not required
We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.