One Jeanswear Group designs, markets, produces, and distributes a distinguished portfolio of branded and private label Jeanswear brands throughout North America. We work with retailers in every tier of distribution, seamlessly adapting to the dynamic retail landscape to reach our widespread consumer base. Our focus is on achieving long-term growth by delivering the most innovative product and brand strategies in the market.
One Jeanswear Group is currently looking for a Technical Designer. The essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Specing and preparing samples for fittings
- Organizing fittings and ensuring that fit corrections and construction corrections are accurately conveyed to overseas vendors
- Generating accurate and detailed technical construction details
- Advising specifications for development and proto samples
- Management of the fit approval process
- Responsible for developing accurate specs and technical details pf the product with the overseas vendors
- Maintaining best practices and construction details of the product with the overseas vendors
- Proactive follow up with production team and vendors to ensure the time and action calendar is adhered to
- Develop working relationship with Design and Production departments
- Work with Technical Design Manager to ensure accurate pattern and fit corrections are translated correctly to overseas manufacturing locations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A minimum of five years’ experience as a technical designer in cut and sew knits for multi-branded missy fit
- PLD/PDM knowledge
- Must have strong illustrator/CAD drawing skills
- Good construction knowledge
- Working knowledge of fitting and good execution/improvement of fitting the product
We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicant swill receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.