One Jeanswear Group designs, markets, produces, and distributes a distinguished portfolio of branded and private label Jeanswear brands throughout North America. We work with retailers in every tier of distribution, seamlessly adapting to the dynamic retail landscape to reach our widespread consumer base. Our focus is on achieving long-term growth by delivering the most innovative product and brand strategies in the market.
One Jeanswear Group seeks a strong Financial Analyst to provide financial and operational support for a multi-branded apparel sportswear business with focus on accounting, data administration, expense management, and financial systems. This individual will assist in month-end close activities (i.e. A/R reserves), data analytics, monthly forecasting, the annual budget process and business presentations in support of the OJG Finance team. The ideal candidate will possess good foundational knowledge and experience in finance/accounting and demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team to produce detailed, concise and accurate output. This individual must be an Excel super user with the ability to multi-task with a high degree of analytical proficiency and organizational skill. Candidates with a strong desire to proactively drive process improvement and operating efficiencies are strongly preferred.
- Support and coordinate month end close process with Shared Services Finance including monthly accruals, journal entries and re-classes
- Evaluate and review monthly expense variances versus prior forecast, budget and prior year. Communicate variances to functional leaders with clarity, precision and follow up
- Assist the FP&A team with forecasting, budgeting and reporting processes
- Track and analyze performance metrics to facilitate assessment of business opportunities that drive operational and financial performance
- Assist in the preparation of analyses for periodic business reviews, annual budgets and long range strategic plans; where appropriate, assist in preparation of related presentations for management and provide insightful analysis upon request
- Support and prepare ad hoc analyses and special projects for divisional and senior leadership
- Interact across divisional teams to promote teamwork and organizational alignment including sharing best practices across divisions
- Accounting degree or equivalent and 2-4 years of accounting experience
- Must possess a high degree of technical and managerial accounting proficiency
- Must possess a high degree of integrity commensurate with the sensitivity of the role
- Advance proficiency in Microsoft Office particularly Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Business process knowledge; able to apply sound business/financial principles
- Strong analytic and financial modeling skills is essential
- Must possess sound communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Flexibility in adjusting and reprioritizing in order to meet changing needs in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work with a team, as well as independently, to provide detailed, concise and accurate output
- Systems experience with SAP, Hyperion/Essbase, a plus
We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicant swill receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.