One Jeanswear Group designs, markets, produces, and distributes a distinguished portfolio of branded and private label Jeanswear brands throughout North America. We work with retailers in every tier of distribution, seamlessly adapting to the dynamic retail landscape to reach our widespread consumer base. Our focus is on achieving long-term growth by delivering the most innovative product and brand strategies in the market.
One Jeanswear Group is currently looking for a Production Associate for their Gloria Vanderbilt Brand in the bottoms division. The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage production; negotiate critical dates for time and action, and approval process for each style.
- Maintain factory allocation chart created by the manager and update necessary information on daily/weekly basis.
- Maintain weekly WIP reports from factories/vendors and monitor if production process on each order is in time and action. Review and discuss urgent issues in production with the manager immediately.
- Review WIP with manager weekly to provide status report of each factory/vendor and address issues for solution.
- Collaboratively work with various departments to obtain necessary information related to production and provide to overseas factories/vendors such as tech pack, pattern, wash target, trim sheets, etc.
- Enter/Issue POs in SAP and follow up until shipping is completed. Ensure any changes/requirements are updated in POs for factory/vendor to adhere to.
- Resolve and coordinate production issues by communicating with design, Sales, and Tech when needed.
- Track, receive and log in FIT/PPA/TOP samples and washes and ensure comments are sent out to factories/vendors from Tech/Wash departments in a timely manner.
- Review and approve shipment extensions. Collaborate with Sales and PR team if needed.
- Review and approve Ocean/Air bookings received from Import department.
- Update Pre-Shipping Documents weekly in SAP upon receipt from factories/vendor.
- Communicate daily (verbal/written) with factories/vendors to ensure on-time deliveries of finished goods into the warehouse.
- Resolve issues arising during the production process to avoid late deliveries.
- Collaborate with all levels including management of Design, Technical Design and Product Development to exchange information to ensure calendar adherence.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Wholesale/large production volume experience required
- Denim production experience preferred
- Minimum 2-3 years related experience
- Working knowledge of the production process from development through finished goods at warehouse.
- Proficient in MS Office
- SAP and PLM experience a plus
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi task and prioritize
- Bachelor’s degree
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.