One Jeanswear Group Inc. is currently seeking a Trademark Paralegal - Wholesale Apparel. This role will provide support to the General Counsel to whom Human Resources also reports. The essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct custom trademark searches using Saegis, Serion for trademark clearance searching and analysis and advise clients of results and problem solve.
- Utilize the US PTO database to conduct trademark searching online
- Conduct common law trademark searches online
- File trademark applications
- Draft responses to Office Actions
- Work with staff and outside counsel for document production in connection with oppositions and litigations
- Handle all legal issues delegated by attorney
- Responsible for typing correspondence, memoranda, legal documents and forms
- Responsible for phone coverage, taking messages, answering calls and directing inquiries.
- Maintain the legal filing system
- Maintain the OJG trademark database and correspond with foreign counsel
- Work with foreign associates on upkeep and renewal of employment agreements
- Design review and advising designers of issues and solutions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3+ years of paralegal experience is preferred
- Ability to produce accurate legal documents with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to proofread typed material for grammatical, typographical and spelling errors (i.e., knowledge of proofreader's marks, punctuation, grammar, spelling)
of law office correspondence and legal case matters
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be flexible for multiple assignments and be able to work as part of a team
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs including Word, Power Point, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Experience filing all correspondence with the PTO, and corresponding with trademark counsel worldwide to maintain and prosecute trademarks all over the world.
- Experience maintaining a worldwide trademark database
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.