One Jeanswear Group designs, markets, produces, and distributes a distinguished portfolio of branded and private label Jeanswear brands throughout North America. We work with retailers in every tier of distribution, seamlessly adapting to the dynamic retail landscape to reach our widespread consumer base. Our focus is on achieving long-term growth by delivering the most innovative product and brand strategies in the market.
OJG currently has a great opportunity for a Designer for Martha Stewart. This role is responsible for creating and executing original designs for Missy denim and non-denim line. The Designer will create products from concept through production with a focus on fit, fabric and finish. The Designer must be able to identify emerging fashion trends and business opportunities to be at the forefront of design in this zone. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Research and identify trend directions
- Create inspiration boards and participate in trend overviews for each season
- Shop marketplace, our competitive set and for inspiration and product opportunities
- Plan the line according to style plans, sales needs and emerging trends
- Develop product, and marketing concepts for emerging categories or items
- Develop fabrics, wash finishes, color palettes, special trims and styling details for both denim and non-denim portion
- Ensure product is being designed with in cost parameters
- Create artwork for denim product packaging, labeling and hardware
- Work with suppliers on execution to make sure the elements fall within our cost targets
- Manage all overseas communication with sample facilities for sample execution
- Attend all comparison fittings, first proto fittings and production fittings
- Give concise feedback to technical design on how to adjust garments
- Ensure production fits are to our specifications
- Merchandise and style showrooms for presentations to sales
- Partner with sales in presenting the line to buyers
- Collaborate with marketing and sales on collateral for buyers and in store marketing needs
- Build strong cross-functional relationships with sales, production, tech, fabric R&D and marketing
- Adhere to time and action calendar
- Work closely with Senior Designer in all aspects of product development
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BA degree from accredited art/fashion school
- 4 +years of experience in apparel design
- Able to provide creative direction for the team to follow from season to season
- Ability to interface with Department heads outside of Design i.e., Production/Sales to drive results
- Ability to develop a line from concept to completion without supervision from supervisors
- Ability to identify key trends and determine how they appropriately relate to the brand/consumer
- Proficient sketching in Illustrator
- Ability to spec a garment
When applying, please include the link to your on-line portfolio or, upload examples of your work (include sketches).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.