One Jeanswear Group designs, markets, produces, and distributes a distinguished portfolio of branded and private label Jeanswear brands throughout North America. We work with retailers in every tier of distribution, seamlessly adapting to the dynamic retail landscape to reach our widespread consumer base. Our focus is on achieving long-term growth by delivering the most innovative product and brand strategies in the market.
We currently have a great opportunity for an Associate Designer, Womans Contemporary Brand – William Rast. This position assists the senior designers with the execution of vision, style, and aesthetic, for knit and woven tops. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in product development at all stages under guidance of senior designers: sketching, detail sketches, tech-packing (pro-proto stage), correction proto samples, trend presentation brochures, presentation board etc.
- Coordinate samples: check in proto & salesman samples, arrange samples & rolling racks, organize samples, maintain samples and wash & color libraries
- Measure samples as required
- Assist in generating & update line sheets & color cards
- Understand the customers by doing market research
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of the customer & competition
- Shop retail floor
- Concept research
- Adhere to due dates for all stages of design
- Send out and follow up on packages for overseas vendors
- Coordinate sample requests from sales & marketing etc.
- Attend fittings with production and technical design
- Work with design, sales and production to effectively communicate departmental needs and design requests
- Participate in group meetings & trend shopping
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of related professional experience
- Proficient sketching in Illustrator
- Capable to work in Photoshop
- Ability to spec a garment
- Associate’s Degree in Fashion or BA in related science
When applying, please include the link to your on-line portfolio or, upload examples of your work (include sketches).
We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicant swill receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.