One Jeanswear Group designs, markets, produces, and distributes a distinguished portfolio of branded and private label Jeanswear brands throughout North America. We work with retailers in every tier of distribution, seamlessly adapting to the dynamic retail landscape to reach our widespread consumer base. Our focus is on achieving long-term growth by delivering the most innovative product and brand strategies in the market.
One Jeanswear Group, Inc. is currently seeking a Legal Assistant. This role will provide administrative support to the General Counsel to whom Human Resources also reports to. The essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist with custom trademark searches using Saegis, Serion for trademark clearance searching and analysis.
- Utilize the US PTO database to conduct trademark searching online
- Conduct common law trademark searches online
- File trademark applications
- Handle all legal issues delegated by attorney
- Responsible for typing correspondence, memoranda, legal documents and forms
- Maintain, schedule and coordinate all meetings and travel arrangements when necessary
- Responsible for phone coverage, taking messages, answering calls and directing inquiries.
- Maintain the legal filing system
- Ensure all agreements are filed online and in its corresponding hard copy files
- Assist Human Resources and Talent Acquisition with various projects and record keeping
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3+ years of paralegal or legal administrative experience is preferred
- Ability to produce accurate legal documents with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to proofread typed material for grammatical, typographical and spelling errors (i.e., knowledge of proofreader's marks, punctuation, grammar, spelling)
of law office correspondence and legal case matters
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be flexible for multiple assignments and be able to work as part of a team
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs including Word, Power Point, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- The ideal candidate will want to grow into a bigger trademark role by filing all correspondence with the PTO, and corresponding with trademark counsel worldwide to maintain and prosecute trademarks all over the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.