One Jeanswear Group designs, markets, produces, and distributes a distinguished portfolio of branded and private label Jeanswear brands throughout North America. We work with retailers in every tier of distribution, seamlessly adapting to the dynamic retail landscape to reach our widespread consumer base. Our focus is on achieving long-term growth by delivering the most innovative product and brand strategies in the market.
ONE Jeanswear Group, Inc. has a great opportunity for an Assistant Technical Designer. This role will liaison between the Sr. and Jr. Technical Designers to maintain the flow of information between factories and internal departments. The position must be able to perform basic tech design related tasks. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare fit samples for the fit session.
- Assist senior staff in fit sessions on a live model.
- Ensure accurate notes/digital pictures are made in the fit session. Assist in creating of accurate fit comments
- Assist in the creating of tech packs including measurements, grading and construction details.
- Maintain sample closet
- Interact daily with Design and Production teams
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- College Degree in Patternmaking or/and Technical Design
- At least one year related experience/ Internship experience preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills required
- Computer proficiency with; Excel, Illustrator and PLM
- Sewing skills; ability to work basic sewing/pressing equipment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.