The Kasper Group is an apparel industry leader, offering women wardrobe solutions for their wear-to-work and special occasion dressing needs. Driven by excellence and exceptional talent, The Kasper Group has remained a forerunner in fashion for over 30 years. We are committed to delivering iconic brands (Kasper, Anne Klein, LeSuit), relevant fashions and trusted, quality products to our consumers. So be a part of the exceptional talent! We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Design/Merchandiser. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in identifying specific trends, styles, materials, colour palettes, patterns & cut for the collections.
- Need to have good experience in Ethnic wear, ability to develop season wise ranges, extensive knowledge of Embroideries, textures and patterns
- Knowledge and experience working with pattern makers, samplemakers, technical designers
- Proficiency in Contemporary surface ornamentation techniques and prints
- Develop color direction each season
- Develop print, y/d and embellishment each season
- Develop new fabrications, trims, washes seasonally
- Create detailed tech packs; send to factories for development and costing
- Fit and review all sampled from first protos to sales sample stages
- Participate in design meetings for line development. Review and present line and concepts regularly.
- Research and develop packaging and trims
- Supervise and approve lab-dips, strike offs and handlooms for development and production
- Responsible for follow-up/organizing all tools needed for development (books, organizational charts etc)
- Research competitive brands and report regularly to design and sales stuff
- Seasonal travel for research and/or product development is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree, business or merchandising degree a plus
- Minimum 5 years related experience
- Strong communication, analytical and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of SAP a plus
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proven Selling and negotiation skills
- Ability to multi task and problem solve
- Ability to work in a large corporate environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.