The Jewelry Group manages a diverse portfolio that includes a range of Corporate, Licensed and private label brands. Experts in the wholesale arena, The Jewelry group has a reputation for developing innovative product driven by industry expertise. Jewelry brands span department and specialty store channels across the country and include: Anne Klein, Nine West, Nine West Vintage America Collection, Lonna and Lilly, Givenchy, Judith Jack, Napier, Gloria Vanderbilt and Private Label.
We are seeking an Associate Merchandiser or Merchandiser level who is responsible for assisting the Sr. Director of Merchandising in the implementation and execution of seasonal business strategies that meet or exceed financial goals. The role will be responsIbile for performing daily activities that support the merchandising strategies and assist in the creation of a compelling product presentation that will inspire the customer to buy. The role will build strong partnerships with other members of the cross-functional team and brand counterparts.
- Begin to lead the brand and make strategic merchandising decisions
- Owns financial goals for specified brand(s)
- Can clearly update, recap and callout to VP, Merchandising any issues while offering recommendations and solutions
- Able to manage timeline of product development and production based on financial need, including calling out red flags and managing
- Maintain role as brand expert and leader in all aspects, including but not limited to flow, deliveries, SKU retails, AUR, current selling status, etc.
- Ability to interact with all levels of senior management independently, including designer/licensee counterparts where applicable
- Needs to be able to prioritize, multitask, respond to appropriate responsibilities quickly and manage overall time accordingly
- Maintain and build upon corporate presentation skills to both large and small groups at any level of the business
- Awareness of competitive landscape, including the appearance of one’s own brand in the retail environment
- May take on domestic and international travel responsibilities depending on needs of the team
- Strong Excel and analytics skills
- College degree
- 1+ years prior merchandising experience (INTERNSHIPS will be counted)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.