Nine West Group is currently seeking a Textile Manager. The Textile Manager will support the SVP of Textile, working closely with Design and Production teams to establish and facilitate fabric production flow. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to the followindg:
- Work with design to research and recommend suppliers as well as specific fabrications in terms of pricing and potential issues
- Thorough review of each fabric to be placed ( price, delivery, characteristics, etc.)
- Precisely calculate fabric yields(consumption) for each style
- Place and track all fabric buys throughout cycle
- Resolve all issues that arise between mills and factories (quality, delivery, payment, etc.)
- Manage department systems for divisions (calender, plm, reporting, fabric filing)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be very organized and detail oriented
- Great time management and ability to multi-task
- Great aesthetic and brand understanding
- Any fluency in Korean or Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese) is a plus but not mandatory
- Degree in Textile Design
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Knowledge of MS Office.
- Knowledge of PLM a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.