The Kasper Group, a fashion retailer, has an excellent opportunity for a Patternmaker for the Anne Klein Division. The Patternmaker will work with the Design and Production teams. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Produce “first” proto pattern interpreting designs and draping fabric/muslin on a form to duplicate the designer sketch-must give consideration to stand fit, components, trims and construction.
- Review design lines of garment with Designers and Directors
- Prepare a cutter’s must (reference tool that contains a list of garment pieces/components, trims and garment construction information to make the garment) for cutter and sample makers.
- Guide cutters and sample makers in proper cut info, and construction of garment
- Prioritize workload based on Design and calendar dates
- Work regularly with Designers, sample cutters and sample makers
- Prepare and correct pattern to Design/fitting comments and release to Tech Design for overseas
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Computer Patternmaking course(s)
- Minimum 3 years work experience handling various types of garments and fabrics. Experience/knowledge utilizing Gerber Cad Systems.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.